Life Was Beautiful
[html]

Cerberus
Love me always

Exhaustion nearly overtook Cerberus as he succumbed to the lulling, healing strokes of Insomnia’s tongue. Though he should have been up on his feet, watching for the alphas, the herbs the merchant had given him the keep the pain at bay while he travelled were starting to wear off, and the cuts on his face were beginning to scream at him again. All he could seem to think of – at least now that he’d settled down to rest – was how Ciara would feel about him now. How would she react to his face? How would she react to his RETURN after seemingly disappearing? An overwhelming suspicion that she had moved on crept up in the coywolf’s throat and threatened to choke him, but he immediately brushed it off when he saw a mottled figure sprinting over the hills toward them now.

Cerberus lifted his head, gently breaking the connecting with Insomnia’s tongue, and his bi-colored eyes narrowed in order to more decently see who it was. For a moment, he thought that perhaps it was Ciara. Had she recognized his howl and come to see him? But as the canine neared them, the scarf of auburn fur that adorned this creature’s shoulders told him that it was in fact Titania, the alphess of New Dawn. While he’d never actually met the fae, all he’d ever heard of her was how lovely she was and how lucky Zalen was to have her as a mate. And now he could see why as she drew nearer, though the expression on her face made him pause in wonder for a moment. Rising to his feet, the battered hybrid readied himself to bow, but when Titania showed no signs of coming to a halt, Ceri yelped and scrambled out of the way. He unintentionally lowered to the ground then, his position more cowardly than submissive as he watched the alphess scold Insomnia. He opened his mouth to protest, to try and defend her in some way, but those golden eyes bore holes deep down to his soul when they turned on him, and suddenly he felt all the guilt of failing to save Blind return full-force.

Alphess Titania! he cried. It’s me, Cerberus Antum! I was once part of this pack, and I have returned after an unfortunate turn of events to dissuade any suspicions that I have abandoned New Dawn! He paused for a moment, his gaze immediately moving to the woman’s feet as his body hugged even tighter against the ground. Then he continued: As you may recall, young Blind and I left to the forest weeks ago. We’d gone out to hunt, as I promised I’d show her how, and we crossed the path of a mother bear along the way. In her attempt to protect her cubs, the bear struck Blind down and I was badly wounded... She is dead my Alphess, and I have come seeking my home once again to return to my brothers and sisters and relay the horrible news.

Ceri’s ragged breaths racked his entire body, and he trembled before the snarling fae. Tears welled up in his mismatched eyes, but he sought to fight them back as he awaited her judgment. He could only imagine how pitiful he looked, but his insurmountable self-loathing kept him huddled in his whelp-like stance. He had failed Blind to the utmost degree, and now he only hoped he didn’t prove to be a failure in his leader’s eyes as well.

No worries, thanks for hoppin’ in ^^

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread