Life Was Beautiful
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rancho);</style>Titania Moonsong

burning the ground, I break from the crowd
I'm on the hunt I'm after you

strut on a line, it's discord and rhyme

AND I'M HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF

Word Count :: 500+ It will get better guys, don't worry! lol Wink

The situation was under control fast. There seemed to be next to no resistance in Insomnia and Titania was able to shove her around to her heart’s content, ending with the wolfess crouching to the ground to show her submission. She cared not for the self loathing words, but was thankful that this was all she said. No explanation would do, Titania was no fool and she knew what was going on here.

Straddling Insomnia with her forelegs, hind legs off to the side, she laid down on top of her, but whether her intent was to hold her down or to protect her was unclear. She fought with the urge to snap her muzzle as punishment as her angry eyes focused on Cerberus. Yes, she recognized this man from before, it was certain. She could not recall a close personal relationship with him, but he had been a part of her pack and so a part of them all. He’d disappeared around the same time as Blind, though, peculiarly enough. It didn’t take him long to spew his explanation, either.

Some of her fury was appeased by his cowering, leaving the Alphess susceptible to reason. Standing up and releasing Insomnia from beneath her, she moved between them again, now standing tall as she looked down at the white male. “That’s right… you and Blind disappeared at the same time…” there was only the slightest lilt in her voice that sounded like suspicion, but if she had any thoughts of foul play, the wounds on his face and body told her otherwise. The story did fit, after all. The man’s wounds were consistent with the damage that could be dealt by bear claws, and those beasts had been known to ravage their kind before. Even with the pack around, a bear had the ability to tear a wolf to shreds. Without the pack, one wrong move would leave you… well, like Blind.

She dropped her head for a moment, closing her eyes in mourning of their fallen comrade. “At least now we know what happened to her…” she rasped, and for a moment her tangible anger diffused. “The pack will mourn our lost sister.”

When she opened her eyes again her temper was cooled, but some of the spark was still there before. “But to come back like this,” her words were calculated, tone held tightly in check as she nodded towards Insomnia. “What are your intentions? To spread your seed and usurp Zalen’s leadership? To usurp my own?!” As she went on, she became more heated, and took a few steps towards Cerberus before changing her mind and turning back to Insomnia.

Lowering her head, she nosed at Insomnia’s pelt. Cerberus’s scent was thick on her fur, but not nearly as strong as if they had been closer than they were. Perhaps they had both restrained themselves.

Finally she gave Insomnia a small, comforting nudge – just one – and then looked into her mismatched eyes. “Tell me. Did you betray us?”

She looked at Cerberus in the same way. “And you? Did you? Now or ever, while you were gone?” Perhaps they didn’t know it, but the Alphess was ready to forgive. Despite trying to hold her mask in place she believed Cerberus’s story, and she believed that she had found him and Insomnia in the wrong moment. She was on edge because of Insomnia’s cycle, that’s all.

image from dawnthieves; code template by kitty; table by raze

<style>
.Hltw_razkit p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; line-height:16px;}
.Hltw_razkit b {color:#ffff62; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit {background-color:#605f5f; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#f1efed; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XNRhd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:440px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #463837; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.Hltw_razkit .name {text-align:center; font-family:Rancho; color:#ffff62; font-size:65px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.Hltw_razkit .lyrics {font-family:georgia; color:#f1efed; font-size:15px; padding:6px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:12px; text-align:center;}
.Hltw_razkit .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629; padding:0px 15px 0px 0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread