Life Was Beautiful
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Trade+Winds);</style>
Cerberus
Word Count :: 000 Hehe angry alphess is angry >u<

Cerberus was so engulfed in self-loathing that he almost believed the alphess’ biting accusations. It was all he could do to keep himself from buckling under the pressure and admitting to everything she said, despite the fact that it wasn’t true. Reason eventually trickled back to him, however, when Insomnia’s eyes found his, and she mentioned that her only intent was to help him. He didn’t risk a smile, for he knew Titania might see this as a sign that they perhaps held some sort of secret between them. So his face remained placid, and his posture remained low. His own mismatched orbs swiveled over to Titania, and while they did not meet her eyes, they rose just a bit to gaze at her rigid shoulders.

I wouldn’t think of…of committing such TREASON against you and Zalen, he said. Your mate was so kind to look past my insecurities and provide for me a home…the last thing I would want to do is go against the very law of nature and mate with a wolf that was not my betrothed, especially being a lower ranking wolf myself. Ceri glanced over at Insomnia, portraying to her with his eyes that he meant no offense by saying this. She was indeed a beautiful wolf and he’d be lucky to have her, but he wouldn’t risk betraying the only home he’d ever felt he belonged to in order to do it. Insomnia, he continued, is telling the truth. I had nearly collapsed from exhaustion by the time she arrived, and she was merely cleaning my wounds – those were not kisses she was sharing with me.

Cerberus felt himself scramble for solutions and answers, but none seemed to greet him as he remained cowering before the alphess. He should never have taken Blind out hunting in the first place – she’d tried to tell him it was a waste of time, and he hadn’t listened. He thought he’d been doing a good deed by teaching a wolf as broken as her how to hunt, and now the deed proved to be nothing more than a terrible mistake. In a voice coated with grief, he lowered his eyes all the way to the ground and spoke once more: Titania, mighty alphess, if you choose to turn me away and send me back to the forest from whence I came then I will understand and do so without complaint. But if there is any chance that I might still have a home here… I had to try.

Shifting his weight so that his belly now touched the ground, Cerberus turned his head away to peer out at the forest below them. It was true; if he didn’t have a place here, then he would gladly retreat to the woods and never return. But something inside of him, something very small, told him that he belonged here, though he knew that even if he belonged here it was very possible for him to have to live his life somewhere else. Pointing his nose back to Titania’s paws, he found solace in the fact that at least New Dawn would mourn Blind’s passing, whether he was there or not. That alone was enough to force his stance into that of pure submission, and not one persuaded by cowardice.

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus b {font-family:verdana; color:#7fa58c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus {background-color:#0d091e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#dae2d7; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3430/atab3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:266px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #586261; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .name {text-align:right; font-family:Trade Winds; color:#556260; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:28px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5c7774;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread