in the night, i hear 'em talk
[html]

Cerberus had spent a fair amount of time sleeping since the attack, and that was exactly what he was doing now. Napping under a decent-sized tree, he stirred only when the cough of a raven tickled his ears, and finally the great beast rose to his feet with a stretch and lolling tongue. After giving his weak body a gentle shake, he carefully adjusted his weight so as to avoid putting too much of it on his injured leg, and then strolled along the hills in search of something to eat. His stomach gurgled in order to confirm this decision, and he lifted his torn nose in a sniff. Ceri’s tail flicked absentmindedly behind him, and the scent of a herd of mountain goat made him stop in his tracks and tilt his head toward it. He hadn’t dared hunt anything as large as a goat as his leg had been attempting to heal, but having missed breakfast, he was awfully hungry and ready for a good meal. Twisting his ears back and pressing his tail tight to his ankles, he trotted toward the scent until the creatures skittered into view, and then he paused in order to analyze the situation and choose the best method of attack. Any other practiced hunter would have done the same, so he knew that he wasn’t wasting time by watching the creatures for a minute or two. But the scent of another predator suddenly caught him off guard, and his heart picked up into a gallop as the threat of losing his meal loomed nearer.

Trying to pay as little attention to the other hunter as possible, he lowered into a crouch and let his body melt into the thawing grass. The smell of warm flesh was nearly drool-inducing to the poor hybrid, and he could hardly contain the urge to bolt out into the herd and take down the first creature his jaws latched on to. But he kept calm, and when the moment presented itself, he lunged forward and aimed his slender body at a young female. The frightened animal put up a chase for a moment, but just when Cerberus thought he had her, his injured arm gave out and he came tumbling to the ground in a daze. Dozens of hoofbeats vibrated against the terrain as the goats scrambled away, and he soon found himself lying in a patch of flattened grass only a few feet from his competition. After a moment or two of staring stupidly at the sky, he rolled over onto his belly – his now-shaking limb would not allow him to stand just yet – and he glanced over at what looked to be another coyote hybrid. But if the similarity of their species wasn’t enough, this creature also seemed to be splattered in scars and missing half of an ear just as he was. A stitched brow cocked in question, and he stared at the canine for a moment just to make sure he wasn’t hallucinating, as the pain of his wounds so often forced him to do. Then he did something he perhaps wouldn’t have done in any other situation: he laughed hysterically, and then rolled over onto his back again like a crazed pup.

*shivers with demented excitement* I may have power played a bit, so if you’d like me to fix it I can.

<style type="text/css">
.ceroll b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7945; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#fff 1px 1px 2px;}
.ceroll p:first-line {font-weight:bold; font-size:16px; letter-spacing:0px; }
.ceroll p:first-letter {font-weight:bold; font-size:18px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.ceroll .ooc {text-align:right; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px;}
.ceroll p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ceroll {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#dfcdbb; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A8Dtz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; border-radius:20px; padding: 330px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#676058; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread