in the night, i hear 'em talk
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Trade+Winds);</style>
Cerberus
Word Count :: 408 Hehe oh thank you ^^ As I’m writing this, I realize that Ceri really is the boy version of Vessie. I didn’t intend for that to happen, I swear!

It amazed Cerberus that he could already feel so comfortable in the presence of a true stranger. However, one wouldn’t know they were strangers, for they looked so similar to each other that anyone could have guessed they were related somehow, if not direct siblings. His mismatched eyes seemed to struggle to find a place to rest as they now danced about the woman’s body, but eventually they paused on her own mangled ear. With HIS ears he heard her words, but it wasn’t until she mentioned trying to keep someone safe that his stood truly attentive. He had been doing the same…and he hadn’t succeeded. Suddenly he wondered if this woman had done what he had failed to.

I, uh, he began, I suppose you’re right. I’ve been keeping it bottled up for so long, it’s been eating away at my insides. His eyes flickered to hers before they fell to the ground, and then he continued: I, too, was trying to protect someone. She was packmate of mine; beautiful and odd in an alluring sort of way. She seemed so alone when we first met, so naturally I stuck beside her, and we ended up becoming good friends. One day I offered to take her out hunting, since she had a bad leg that had prevented her from learning how to properly. Everything was going fine until that blasted bear came along…I told her to run…she just stood and stared at it. I tried to keep it away from her, but you can see how well that worked out. She…she ended up dying by the monster’s paw… He trailed off, his brain nearly vibrating as the scenes from that afternoon flickered past in frantic spurts. His heart was beating wildly now, throbbing even, and he could barely catch his breath. Then, in a muffled sort of whimper, he said, Foolish Blind…why didn’t you just run?

Ceri’s head drooped shamefully and the tears didn’t hesitate to fall down his cheeks now. He didn’t care if he hardly knew this woman. He didn’t care if he looked like a weak and sensitive whelp. He didn’t even care that the pain had grown to such a level that it was practically forcing his body to shake from it. He had failed to protect his dear friend, just as he had failed to protect his dear brother. Two wolves had died because of his sluggishness. Who would be the next?

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus b {font-family:verdana; color:#7fa58c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus {background-color:#0d091e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#dae2d7; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3430/atab3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:266px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #586261; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .name {text-align:right; font-family:Trade Winds; color:#556260; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:28px;}
.SS15141211_Cerberus .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #5c7774;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread