in the night, i hear 'em talk
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: OOC

Cerberus stayed unusually still as he watched the hybrid recompose herself after crumbling. He did, however, allow Vesper to turn his head toward her, and for a moment he thought such an action might drive him to kiss her. But why would he do that? He truly didn't know - his emotions were so screwed up at that point that he hardly even knew how to smile, or when. He imagined that eventually time would heal these wounds, but unfortunately his way of allowing time to pass meant turning to stone after he'd given in to his urge to cry for a bit. He never understood why he reacted to grief this way, but he supposed it was better than wallowing around in self pity for days on end.

Vesper mentioned she wished she had been there, and he almost felt like laughing. He wished he HADN'T been there, but then again, he was glad it was he who found and buried Blind's body instead of her being left to the bear's demise. She died rather quickly, he said in answer to her question. Bears don't waste their time dealing with a threat, especially if it means they might get a meal out of it. Ceri's face contorted in a grimace then, and he realized that that was a terrible thing to say. Quickly, he added, But I made certain she didn't become lunch. Okay, so that wasn't much better. But again, he was a mess at that moment.

Resolving that he didn't want to risk making things worse by speaking again, he decided to forgo reforming his statement and touched his forehead to Vesper's cheek instead. He wished he could talk his way through this like he usually did, that he could comfort this woman with a mere grin and a wink. But it was becoming very clear to him that charm wouldn't always get him out of sticky situations, and the best thing he could do right now was just be there for this grieving creature. As his mismatched eyes clouded over with sorrow once more, he lowered to the ground and laid on his belly, peering up at Vesper once he was situated. What can I do to help relieve some of the pain? he asked, pleased that he'd finally said something sensible. I know that I don't know you very well, but I'd like to help in any way I can. I feel that...perhaps, Blind would have wanted it? Perhaps she would have wanted us to be friends? And there went his sense again.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hadmk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:183px; height:200px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread