rough and tumble
Iskata heard the steps but she really didn't care, when the voice spoke her name she lifted her head and smiled sadly at the lady woh was approaching. One short wag of her tail was the only reply the woman got to calling out her name, but when the concern fell upon Iskata's ears and she remembered what she looked like all sewn together and beaten and bruised she smiled again and shook her head slowly. "I'll live Colibir.. I'll live, like always." She didn't know how many times she'd been hurt emotionally or physically in her life but nothing had killed her yet and she wouldn't let this time start her downward spiral. She was strong deep down inside hidden behind that brick wall she'd built.

Sighing softly she lifted her head off her leg and tried to stand up, keeping her weight off the injured foreleg as she slid off the boulder and moved towards the ivory lass. The noticeable limp increased as she cursed herself for even staying in this form, knowing she was little use for protection if something else attacked her, but she was too tired to change. Licking her ruff slowly as she stopped short of her old friend she looked back across the beach and then back to Colibri before admitting. "Like always, I let my temper get the best of me and look what it got me..." she'd never admit the truth, she'd never admit just how much she hurt deep inside, the emotional pain that she'd been trying to ignore for so long, the lonely feelings since Phoenix hadn't returned. How her children had wandered and started their own lives.. she was hurt bad, but not what was seen to the naked eye, it was something more, she needed what she'd lost. She needed a family to care for again.. and it seemed her dreams were slipping away with every threat from those beasts.

Messages In This Thread