Assuming direct control
[html]

She liked to think that she could take care of herself. A few more blows and Wretch would have likely abandoned the food to the stranger and ran off rather than risk her neck for a few bites of meat. She didn't understand what would drive a capable male to go after her kill but would try not to think on it too much. Perhaps he was crazed, or had some kind of illness and could not hunt for himself. She would have shared had he asked it, though. "I'm kidding, you know, Sir. I don't think I could have taken much more of that. He was bigger and my blade was shorter, in any case. I'm no fighter."

Eyes the color of the sky watched for his reactions to her words, trying to figure out what the right thing to say was. She wasn't practiced in the art of conversation and didn't have many canines around to talk to normally. Her animals were companions enough, especially the sparrow that often accompanied her on her journeys. "Sorry for making you worry, though, sir. It isn't often that one loner would come to protect another, in my experience.." She mumbled. She shouldn't have been so stupid...allowed herself to get caught in this situation.

Wretch took her fingers away from the marks to see if they had stopped bleeding, but it didn't seem to be the case. "I'm not sure what to do for the cuts...I've only ever had broken bones and cuts that healed in a couple of days. It's a bit hard to move my arm..I wonder if it might have gotten the muscle" She tried to inspect the angle of the wounds but couldn't quite see them, as they were located on the outer side of her bicep. "Not quite a damsel, but I'd call it distress, Sir." The girl said quietly, holding her arm out toward him so he could see the marred area.

<style>
.wretch_forest .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.wretch_forest p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretch_forest b {color:#84ba35; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretch_forest {background-color:#d3eed4; background-image:url(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9266 ... forest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b8f80; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; }
.wretch_forest-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table image © me'nthedogs @ Flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread