Assuming direct control
[html]
Thwack me:<

Family was always a difficult topic to talk about. Ezra’s family was no different; the descendant of a family of inbred, crazy hybrids, Ezra could empathize with this girl before him. When she spoke of her brothers name, however, the male almost laughed out loud but managed to stifle it. Pandemic? A mother that wishes ill on her children like that is not fit for rearing young, at least Ezra thought. The children were cursed forever, and the poor woman before him would have to endure that for the rest of her time on this planet. Ezra felt sorry for her.

“No, my dear, you are the farthest thing from a Wretch. Clearly your mother did not appreciate you properly.” he offered her a small smile. I would never devalue anyone like that, he thought to himself. When the silver lady kept talking, Ezra and his son both listened with rapt attention. Ezra had met that one peculiar wolf, Alae, but that was the extent of his interactions with that pack. He sighed, feeling even sorrier for this creature. “It’s a shame, I’m sorry. Despite having family ties... how people can break them, I do not understand. Though freedom is indeed nice. We are enjoying the same liberties as well, though I think loneliness is the worst part of freedom.” She had been abandoned, just as Ezra and Eli had been, by a cherished family member. They weren’t alone anymore. Did she feel just as alone as they did?

When she offered for them to stay, Eli’s ears perked up. “I’ll help!” he yelped excitedly, tail wagging like mad, whipping this way and that before he shot off into the forest, presumably looking for creatures to prey on. Ezra was about to say something, but caught himself; he wanted to be alone with her, and Eli needed hunting practice anyway. The hybrid chuckled and used this opportunity to sit down next to Wretch. “Thank you. How is your wound doing? It seems to have slowed down the bleeding, at least.” Without waiting for her, he moved the tourniquet down from above the wound to directly on top of it. “There. That should help for now.” he smiled warmly, and looked directly into her stunning blue eyes. Ezra always had a weakness for ocean-colored eyes; they seemed so pure, so heavenly, he could always get lost in them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread