take a piece of my soul tonight
[html]
:3

Another wave of dizziness and nausea over came the brunette coyote, as well as a blinding sharp contraction she knew that would have her biting her lip or something to make it go away. Being pregnant wasn't something she was used to. Something so painfully foreign that it wasn't too easy to cope. The blankets were thrown off her, taking away her warmth and somehow protection. Omni wanted to tell Jacinto no, refuse his help. Of course though his help was a comfort, a reassurance that she'd be alright.

He didn't know what to do. That was clear, it would be hypocritical to say that aloud now, the young woman had no idea on how to deliver children. From the thralls of miscarriage, the birthing was relatively quick. Her body needed to get rid of the stillborns. After much gritting sharp teeth and crying out, Omni held three bundles of soft tawny fur in her arms. They were beautiful. Carrying traits from both families, much coyote within their veins. The tired and upset female found them amazing. Except for one thing. They were lifeless. None of them took a breath from the air, however much her tongue rasped over their small bodies. Sinatrai in the corner of the room looked up curiously at the bundle his mother held. What happened? Why was his mother do sad? His ears dropped to his skull as he realized he was separated from his parents. "Momma?" the small child called fearfully to the two Optime canines on the bed. Omni gestured for Jacinto to get Sina, she was paralyzed with fatigue. Burying her muzzle into their bodies, Omni started to sob quietly. She had bonded with them, over the last while of pregnancy she had become a mother. They were hers. And death had claimed them now. How could the world do this to her? Whatever deity existed or not, they surely couldn't be worthy of any worship for this. The bundles never moved, never squirmed towards her breast for nourishment. The bed was soaked with her blood, the signal that she wasn't strong enough to bring them into the world.

Omni tore a piece of the bloody sheet from the bed, large and wide enough to support the lifeless bodies of her children to pass them to the next world. It had blood spots, making her sob even more seeing the crimson mixed with the innocence of her stillborns. "In sorry...I'm sorry Jacinto--I...I didn't--I failed." Standing on shaky legs, the bundle of tiny beings was taken to the door to be placed in one of her old gathering baskets, trembling quietly as she bent to scoop Sinatrai up in her arms. The brown pup noticed his mother's distress, licking at her chin quietly. The bulge upon her abs had disappeared, leaving slightly loose stretched skin. It was like taking a chunk away from her soul.

Without notice of the blood clinging to her pelt and the sticky substance upon the bed, Om creapt back with Sina to Jacinto. Usually vivid eyes were darkened with the grief, the shame and  guilt for being so weak. So non-suited to being maternal.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb03-box {width:238px;height:330px;float:right;}
.freebfeb03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#63118e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.havendaddi01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#514739; text-align:center;}
.freebfeb03 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebfeb03 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#eeecfc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xG7rj.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e343e; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread