A million to one
[html]

Morning's fine with me ^_^ That's partly why I left it open, cos the time of day didn't really matter to me =)

Fortunately for Umbra, the creature that came towards him looked like a wolf. Whether it was, he couldn't tell, not right away. Yet, with the multitude of freaks in these lands, he didn't dare to trust that she really was a wolf.

"Hello there, may I help you?" she asked him, and he hesitated for a few moments.

"Can I ask what pack this is?" he asked in return. "A friend of mine said that her childhood den was in this area, but it's obviously been claimed already. How long have you lived here?" The questions might, if he was unlucky, be counted as intrusive and rude, but he hoped not. After all, they were meant in all innocence. Or, well... Maybe not innocence, as he also hoped she'd volunteer the nature of their pack, and whether it contained freaks or not. He also hadn't given his name, partly because she hadn't, and partly because he didn't want to risk spreading his name around to more freaks.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread