Broken
She had finished checking on the coyote when she heard her mate's voice. She lifted herself to her feet, a hand on her aching back. Her back was often sore lately, from the standing and kneeling she did to tend the minor wounds of others, and the larger more complicated wounds of Terra. She yawned lightly, then hurried over to where her mate was pressing a rabbit skin to Ciara's fresh wounds. Concern clouded the face of the matriarch, and she knelt, her mismatched eyes taking in the state of the female. Ciara and Augustus had gone after the feline who had injured Terra. One look at the jagged gashed, and it was confirmed for the elder woman that this was the source of the female's wounds.

Her voice was steady and soft as she spoke. "Can ye tell me the extent of your wounds, Ciara, or do I need to examine you quickly?" Deft fingers were already pulling a bitter smelling salve out of a niche in the rock and pressing it to wounds. Astringent herbs would cease the bleeding and prevent an infection, which had the possibility of being fatal unless carefully treated. She glanced quickly at her mate, offering her a quick but tense smile, then returned her attention to Ciara's wounds. She grabbed some clean linen and handed it to Soran, guiding her hand to the deeper bloody wound she needed to press it against.

"I'm not sure yet, but I may need to do some stitches on the claw marks. It will hurt, though I will do my best to prevent too much pain."

Messages In This Thread