Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
[html]

Word Count :: 766

OOC:: Yay, late-night muse. Big Grin <3

Ciara couldn’t help it. At Titania’s demand, her eyebrows lifted, and she had to forcibly stop herself from curling her lip towards her Alphess. She was being treated like an Omega, and certainly wasn’t being given the respect that befitted her position. However, she knew that she couldn’t show that displeasure towards her Alphess, so when she was demanded outside, Ciara flattened her ears to her head and followed the cinnamon-splotched leader out of the communal den. What could she possibly have done to anger the female? She’d never even met the woman face-to-face, and couldn’t think of any reason that Titania would be upset with her. It caused her stomach to do a strange flip, an unpleasant feeling of anxiety.

When the Alphess did not stop at the usual spot outside the den, Ciara passed over it warily, taking one last glance to the pack’s home. She felt like safety was back there, and the darkness she was walking into mirrored her feelings of doubt and insecurity. Her mind was racked with questions, her stomach more ill than she ever remembered, as her paws dug into the softening ground beneath her. With her ears pinned back, her head and tail low, the calico Epsilon followed her leader without question of hesitation. What if Titania had found some reason to demote her? Was the female not pleased with the tales of the cougar, or the hunt Ciara had helped to make successful? Her leader was certainly angry, Ciara could tell by the harsh pounding of the other female’s paws on the ground. Trying desperately not to show her fear and nervousness, Ciara swallowed quietly.

Once they were in the woods, the Epsilon tried to allow the various scents to calm her nerves. The tactic would have worked if Titania hadn’t suddenly whirled around and stalked towards her. When Titania came close enough to bump chest with Ciara, the Epsilon shrank back a little. She had no desire of challenging the woman, nor accepting a challenge from her. She was confused, and hurt that the Alphess would be so angry with her as to threaten to drag her from the den by her scruff. Managing to keep a whimper at bay, the Epsilon simply crouched low, pinning her ears until they were paper-flat against her head and curling her tail between her legs. She wouldn’t fall to the ground in complete submission just yet, for she didn’t want to seem pathetic, but she had sense enough to fold herself into an acceptably submissive posture.

When the Alphess’ harsh words bit into her, Ciara lowered her eyes immediately until they were focused on the other female’s paws. So that’s what this was about? Her heat cycle? Ciara couldn’t control that, she hadn’t even fully understood it until the confrontation yesterday with Augustus and Zalen. Then, the Epsilon paled beneath her fur. Had Titania smelled Augustus, or worse, Zalen on her pelt and assumed that she’d copulated without permission? What if she could smell the males on her now? The accusations of taunting her pack mates hurt, but she tried to push it from her mind. She knew that she would have to choose her words very carefully lest she invoke further wrath from the young Alphess.

“I would never intentionally make my brothers and sisters uncomfortable, Alphess,” she said, her voice clear while it was soft. “Certainly not you, ma’am.” She made sure to use the appropriate titles and words of respect, for even while Titania was younger than Ciara by a few months, she was still Alphess, and Ciara fully believed she deserved that title. “This is my…my first cycle,” she continued, blushing now and thankful for her thick pelt. “I’m not used to having to guard my scent, and…it didn’t cross my mind that I would not be allowed in the den.” With those words, Ciara dropped down until her belly hit the dirt, and lowered her head further. She knew that she was bearing the scruff of her neck to the Alphess, and she did this on purpose. “Please forgive my ignorance, Alphess, I will remove myself from the den if you wish. If…if you see fit to punish me as well, I understand.” With that, the Epsilon humbled herself enough before her leader to close her eyes and await her fate. Her whole body was tense, which only made the nervous sickness in her stomach worse. She felt as though this whole thing wasn’t her fault, but the fault of nature, even though she should have known better than to go into the den.

<style type="text/css">
.Ciaraforestdawn b {font-weight:bold; color:#9370D8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ciaraforestdawn .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ciaraforestdawn {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FyI7K.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 440px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#00BFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread