help I'm alive
Alma fidgeted as she waited. Her ears swiveled this way and that, as if she thought someone might sneak up behind her. Her eyes scanned her surrounding for threats likewise, although she was much more intent on finding that familiar ball of light that came to represent her mother's ghost.

At the sound of rapidly approaching footsteps, she tensed and held her breath. She wasn't afraid that it was her assailant come to attack her again, but rather that it was a clan member come to berate her for her stupidity. Guilt, too, lingered in her mind. She still was still quite confused, even after all the distance she'd put between the dog, the pups, and the coyote-victim.

The coyote exhaled when a familiar face came into; Vesper, the Optio and the woman she'd taught to whittle last fall. Relief flooded into her as the scarred woman growled and asked who had caused her wounds. She was grateful that her first instinct was more protective than interrogative. The edge of her lips quirked into a half-smile. "I didn't catch a name." The smile faded when she began to wonder how she going to explain the situation she'd gotten herself into. "It was a yellow... dog thing." Alma stuttered out. She had been confused on the canine's species when she had first seen her, but now she quite sure that it was a dog. The almost mono-colored pelt and strange ears had aided her identification, but the coyote didn't know enough about dogs to pick out any particular breed or lineage.

"I..." The coywolf paused, trying to figure out how and what she should tell. Should she mention that she had run away and left those puppies behind, and be called a coward? Would her mother's appearance help explain her actions, or would it just make her seem crazy? "It - I mean, she, was attacking a coyote. I tried to stop her. It didn't work." Alma answered, deciding that explanation was simple enough for now. She could add details later.

"I need to find Enkiel. I cannot move my arm." The rust-colored coyote gestured with her snout to the arm she was cradling. She was almost tempted to try to move it to prove her point, but she didn't want to experience the pain the it caused, nor make the damage any worse.

Messages In This Thread