help I'm alive
[html]
((You can reply after this if you feel like it, although I think it can easily just be ended here. Also, hope I'm doing this part with Enkiel right.))

The female could only nod at the Optio's proposal to send out scouts, knowing that such may not do any good. The puppies and the coyote were probably dead now, and if Amy had any sense, she would be hiding. Her ears were slowly starting to right themselves, but not to their full height; sadness and shame still weighed her down. "Even if you don't, or can't find them... I will fix this. I will learn to better. Stronger. More able to protect other coyotes - and Inferni. And I'll have my bow next time." The promise, though she said it outloud, was made more to herself than her scarred companion.

The news that someone had attacked a high-ranking member of Inferni shocked her, and suddenly she understood that revenge might be a long way from now. "Don't go on your own; I made that mistake." She didn't want to feel responsible for the Optio's death too, although she knew that Vesper was able to take care of herself. "Just warn them of her, if Inferni has more urgent matters to attend to." Maybe if she makes the mistake of getting on our land... Well, she could dream, couldn't she?

The rust-covered coyote stopped before the guesthouse porch. Fear was evident in her eyes, because Alma hated buildings and man-made structures. She gave it a good up-and-down glance, wondering if she could force herself to cross the threshold. She spotted the wide-eyed cat as well, but that she paid little attention to. She understood it was a pet, but she didn't understand what use it served and neither did she care at that moment.

The appearance of the gray-and-black jackal served to calm her fears somewhat, or at the very least, it made her realize she didn't have a choice in the matter if she wanted to heal her arm and exact revenge upon the yellow dog. Carefully, she placed her feet on to the porch, and greeted Enkiel. With a slight stutter, she explained her situation.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread