the supine
[html]

The smaller coyote hybrid jerked the blades from the tree; tiny shards of bark went flying from the abrupt motion. She compared the daggers to claws before pointing out the difference; at this, the Optio snorted in amusement. Swiping her tongue over dry lips, she eyed the slender blades distrustfully. “I suppose if you do lose the blades, you always have claws as a backup,” she remarked, glancing at her own pale, unsheathed nails. “Not the same if you lose a claw.” She picked between a pair of teeth with one then frowned.

“Mind if I watch you for a little bit?” Vesper asked, realizing she probably sounded childish or silly. Maybe this stranger wasn’t as experienced as some giant and scarred warrior, but she felt safe here. If things went bad, she trusted herself to be able to fight back and escape. The loss of her dear Blind had dulled some of her emotions and senses, but her survival drive would never decrease. Learning an additional way to fight would only help her battle the world for when the days turned dark.

<style type="text/css">
.vesrcai b {font-weight:bold; color:#9da3ae; text-shadow:#05070c 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesrcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesrcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#202230; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vxduN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #171924; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8c9195; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesrcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread