the supine
[html]

Pine green eyes regarded her almost suspiciously after her request, but Vesper didn’t blame the other coywolf in the least. She would have been hesitant about letting a stranger watch her shadowbox or otherwise train, knowing that they would be able to root out her strengths and weaknesses for later, but she doubted she would even see this stranger again to do so. She liked to fight, but she wasn’t one for mindless violence. The world had enough of that.

Hoping to look more curious than scrutinizing, the optime-formed Optio took a seat on the ground, sitting on her legs. The raven flapped down from his branch to land on her shoulder, but she didn’t bare a tooth at him this time. She didn’t understand most of Stark’s teaching methods, but maybe she’d gain something from this encounter yet. At least it was getting her mind off Blind, which was probably his intent. Later, she would realize how ridiculous and soft she was being over the death of someone she truly hardly knew. Only little girls cried, and she wasn’t a little girl. She never had been.

The other woman struck out with the daggers, and Vesper watched her for a while. She supposed she imagined it would be more refined, the glitter of blades and the sweeping arc of an attack, slash, parry, but this was a frenzy of weaponry and energy. She liked that much better; it didn’t look as complicated.

“Do you mind if I try?” Vesper asked, rising slowly from the ground. The bird flared his wings out to keep balance as she stood. “Just one dagger; you can keep the other. I’ll cut up this tree over here, too.” She gestured, hoping that leaving the young woman with a weapon would be a show of good faith.

<style type="text/css">
.vesrcai b {font-weight:bold; color:#9da3ae; text-shadow:#05070c 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesrcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesrcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#202230; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vxduN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #171924; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8c9195; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesrcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread