the supine
[html]

The coyote hybrid shrugged and questioned her motives for watching, and uncertainly Vesper inclined her head. She had always spat upon human weaponry, and she might not even go as far as to keep a blade for a weapon—she liked hand-to-hand or fang-to-fang fighting too much—but she had to admit to being entranced. “I want to understand,” she confessed, her ears lowering back against her short shaggy mane. “I want to learn however much I can.”

She watched the other twirl the knives, and the raven quorked from her shoulder. She smirked weakly, about to tease him about birds and shiny objects, but he flapped up to the tree again and watched with beady dark eyes. Ignoring the show with some effort, she languidly stepped forward before the other held the blade out.

The suggestion surprised her, but she mirrored the grin, less smile and more teeth. “I might accidentally hurt you,” she warned, but she took the dagger anyway. It was odd to feel the coldness in her hand, although the grip was warm from the other’s palm. Having the blade in close proximity to her made her uncomfortable, but studying it under her control made up for that a little bit. She ran a thumb along the flat of it, taking a practice cut, a practice stab—imagining plunging it into a dog’s chest. Such revenge would be sweet, but she knew she’d never be good enough with a human weapon to fight them solely like that.

“All right,” she said, turning to the coywolf and adopting her usual fighting stance.

<style type="text/css">
.vesrcai b {font-weight:bold; color:#9da3ae; text-shadow:#05070c 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesrcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesrcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#202230; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/vxduN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #171924; padding:260px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8c9195; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesrcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread