M-Reader's Pleasure
3 YEARS LATER

Shadow stood in Optime form and with eyes closed and not moving a muscle. He smelled the air and listened carefully. Nothing...but it was a lie... Shadow lowered himself and made a pose that looked like he was meditating and then from behind him there was a shadow and slowly more appeared around him, They were in all black and only there eyes were seen in the shadow of the trees and shade all about. Shadow remained unmoving until the last second when one wolf got close enough and was about to slash down with his sword. Shadow got to his feet fast and his right arm went out and like lightning his hand was around a wolf neck and he flexed as he forced his claws through the skin and then he tossed the body towards another of the assassins and then he ducked and then jumped as two blades missed him and as soon as his feet hit the ground he was off running to a pick black cave that he has scoped out before the assassins arrived.

He entered and then just as he did there was silence. The 4 remaining assassins stopped just outside the cave's mouth and then they slowly entered. Once inside they moved and breathed without making a sound but they couldn't see shadow even thought it seemed that the cave was open and without things to hide behind or any holds to hang from above. What they couldn't see was that Shadow was against the farthest wall and his back was to the wall and his eyes were closed so they couldn't see the reflection from them, they had stepped into his world of shadow and now of them would be leaving alive. There was only silence and then only Shadow walked from the cave, the smell of blood was strong from within and shadow had no blood on him save for the blood on his nails from the throats he had ripped out.

Amy had been a short distance away when she picked up on the killing intent. Sharply she whipped around, looking for where it came from. A single solitary black wolf sat, pretending to meditate. The air of death clung to him though, and she knew he was someone to not underestimate. The ones that gathered around them were obviously of lower caliber, foolishly falling him into his trap. Leaning on a tree Amy patiently waited until the black wolf emerged, blood under his claws.

Stepping forwards Amy smiled. "Good job. I don't suppose you're looking for one?" Amy could use such a powerful wolf under her control. Plenty tried to kill her, hating the power she held over the trade system in Europe. Not that she cared what they thought. Again and again Amy had killed those who came against her. That didn't mean she would turn away such a chance. It wasn't often one came across such a tool.

Shadow's eyes immediately fell onto the stranger and his body froze as he started to calculate, every and all possible outcomes. He knew already what she was by seeing her posture and the way she carried her self but then something snapped within him and he lost the mask as he tilted his head to the side and he looked her over closely and then his words came out in a question but also in realization. " Amy....Is that you?" Shadow dropped his guard lightly but made sure he was ready for anything just in case she didn't remember him.

The sharp calculation in his eyes brought a slow smile to her lips. It seemed he was quite clever, measuring and already knowing just as much about her as she did about him. They were both killers, on a completely different level than those measly beasts he'd just taken out. She prepared for a refusal, or a counter offer, but what came instead was...quite unexpected. Nothing in her calculations had prepared her for this.

Her eyes narrowed sharply at the sound of her name. She was well known, that was true. Amy had purposely made a powerful name for herself. To have him standing there, so questioning, made her uneasy though. It wasn't an acknowledgement of someone recognizing a powerful member but one of seeing a long time old friend. She didn't say a word, simply looking him over. There was no need to show she didn't remember with her words, leaving her face blank.

He looked to her and knew her silence and face were the sighs of her not knowing him. He tilted his head again and nodded as he spoke and told of a memory long passed." you were walking along the docks as a pup and a man had tried to attack you from behind, I cam out bit his hand, broke the bones and he ran away. I said he was a chicken and then I called my name and even gave myself a title. Do you remember that?" He remained where he was and from the look in her face she had completely forgotten him, memory was his thing and one with a good memory could remember important facts and words and with that wisdom and with wisdom, strength, power and leverage.

She listened to him describe the memory, showing naught but polite interest. Hearing that he had saved her life as a pup didn't strike her as particularly unusual. Her life had always been under threat until she had learned how to defend herself. She did have to suppress a chuckle at the image of this assassin before her acting so absolutely immature, calling names and giving himself a grand title.

The pup she had been all those years ago was completely gone though. She had been corrupted in darkness, the death of her sister staining her soul to it's deepest parts. Only the smallest spark remained of who she had been when she had met him, and unless that part was awakened she would not remember him. "Many have saved my life over the years. You were probably rewarded just like the others before, no?"

"I was offered to tag along in a feast that your family was having. My father stopped that and he beat me right then and there and then afterword i was punish severely for my actions and for disobeying my father. I never saw you again after that except for the few times when i was walking through the market with my father." He couldn't believe it...she was like him but the part he couldn't believe was how cold her past had made her. He knew that for a person to change in such a way, great trauma and stress must have occurred and for her memory of him to be completely gone a scaring must have happened as well. He didn't know what caused it because her family kept all actions secret but he knew it must have involved blood. He stood straight up again and his masked lowered but his body was ready as he waited for her response, it would be long before she would repeat her offer to wonder what his choice would be.

Her eyes widened slightly in recognition as he spoke this time. She remembered that. Amy had thought the actions of his father were a waste, punishing someone of such high talent. She had been such a foolish naive pup. Now she understood why such a thing had happened. Amy did it herself to the slaves under her care. They had to learn, and if they refused to do so they would be punished. The wolf had disobeyed, so he had been punished. It made sense to her now.

"Yes, I recall. I remember thinking it was foolish for him to keep you as a slave since you made such an exemplary son." That wasn't exactly what she had been thinking, but her memory had been corrupted as well. Amy could no longer recall the past she had once held, only remembering things in a way that fit the way she lived and believed now.

Messages In This Thread