M-Reader's Pleasure
"Yes..back then I would have agreed with you but now i see the wisdom in my fathers actions and am stronger for it."

Amy nodded in agreement. It wasn't her place to decide what made a good slave after all. Some believed that only family members could truly be trusted and made into a worthy slave after all. Since Amy believed her family was of a much higher caliber than that she would never bear the shame of allowing a family member to become a slave. If it ever did happen she would ensure that the member would be killed.

Looking the assassin over she contemplated him again. "I don't remember your name." Not that it mattered if he was a slave, but Amy would at least take the courtesy of learning it so that she had a name to think of him by. It would be a bother if she had to come up with something to call him herself. She had done it in the past, but found that naming a slave had as much merit as naming furniture. It was easier to just use the names they came with.

Shadow nodded back as his tail moved very steady behind him, he still didn't get anything ffrom her that eased him but her realization of him gave him some hope, perhaps there was Some of the old playful happy pup that he had met that day, so long ago. He spoke lightly as he crossed his arms and took a more relaxed pose. " Shadowfang of the Night Blades, My father and I were all that were left, Now I am the last of his blood line." he didn't know where else this meeting would go but fate had a strange way of working and there was always a reason for things no matter how good or bad.

Hearing his words Amy smiled. Her brother's prophecy had come true. Almost the entire bloodline was gone. She was glad that he had denied a foolish pup's request to purchase him as a companion. A useful tool he might make, but a companion was most certainly out of the question. If he was the last of his family the family must not have been very powerful, nothing deserving of the company of a precious child of the Sunders family, especially from one considered so low of worth in his own family to be used as a slave.

Politely she dipped her head. "Well, I suppose there is still a debt to be paid to you then for saving my life." It might be taken for granted that she would be protected, but proper conpensation would be sought out and given to him, even if it was from years ago. This was the whole reason why they tried to pay off such debts right away, so such a thing wouldn't come back to haunt them later in the line when they were busy working. "Perhaps a job working for me could help pay that debt. I could offer you comfort and security, something I'm sure you don't have, in exchange for your skills."

" I remember you and I have fond memories of what little time we spent together but do not take me a fool...If I am allowed such payment then it would come at me in such a way that I would benifet, not you. What you are proposing is a double edged sword. Yes I get shelter and comfort but my skills are yours to use as you see fit...No, I will not allow such a deal. Also, I am not sure of your thoughts on the matter but whatever you may have gotten from my upbringing I am no slave. My father was an assassin who wanted me to be the best. He died in realization of that dream and I have since trained and honed my skills using his methods and my own." He lost his casual pose and crossed his arms as he lowered his head while looking to her and then he started to speak again. "It's good to see you again however and I wouldn't mind traveling with you, but I do so free." He waited to see how that would all work out in her head.

Amy's face took on one of surprise at his words. "I would never take advantage of you like that. I simply proposed something that could benefit us both. I thought someone with a life such as yours would be uncomfortable taking charity without knowing what price was behind it."

She certainly wouldn't do such a thing, knowing that sooner or later they would come collecting on that debt. When one killed they had to be wary of such cozy set ups, knowing that it could be a trap to end their life and take them down. Hearing that he hadn't been a slave was genuinely surprising to Amy, but such a reaction remained free from her face, only the shock that she allowed to have displayed visible.

Nodding her head at his words Amy shrugged casually. If he wished to travel with her so be it. He would probably use his skills to defend her anyways, as one tended to react that way when traveling with another, and Amy wouldn't have to give the benefit of comfort and a steady life like she had promised earlier. "Very well. If that is what you wish. I am in your debt."

He smiled lightly and nodded." I'll decide how to be paid...when I think of something, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I have an idea, Until then I'll travel with you and perhaps we'll get to know one another better." He knew what he was doing, in terms of honor Amy had to pay the dept back but if shadow didn't choose how or when then it was something that could be held onto as leverage of assurance of fair play. More than that though, he trully wanted to know what had happened to Amy all those years ago and maybe now there could be time to be friends unlike when his father killed his last chance at having a friend, now the only thing that was in the way of that was themselves.

Amy gritted her teeth together. It appeared he would be holding this debt over her, something that she could not help but despise. Hopefully he would come up with a payment quickly, or at least she could discover a way to turn the tables on him and force him to waste the debt on something that would be better off left alone. Nodding she indicated for him to come with her. "I suppose we best get started then. I have some families I have to visit for business."

There was no rest for the wicked, not in this business. Amy had to collect on debts, find those that were cheating on her, collect the payment from the traders that worked for her, and build new alliances. They would be very busy in the time to come. Proudly Amy turned, trusting that Shadowfang wouldn't stab her in the back, at least not until her debt was paid off.

To be Continued

Messages In This Thread