M-Reader's Pleasure
Amy didn't turn around, didn't come back. She returned to the house, burying her face in her pillow, sobbing. It seemed the tears would never end. She couldn't be part of her family anymore. She had dishonored it beyond belief. If they discovered what she had done they would kill her. If they found out. Shadowfang hadn't followed her this time, something that both relieved and worried her. Was he planning something else?

The days passed, and she found herself missing his reassuring presence. No one commented on the assassin's disappearance, assuming that she had taken him out, reclaiming her place. It was a lie, but in a place where lies built a life it didn't matter. She could defeat anyone else, after all. Her training took on an obsessive edge, working to the point where her hands bled and she couldn't stand anymore. It worried her sister, leading Emi to assign a slave to stop Amy whenever the blood began to pour.

Amy was completely alone, her family believing that she was strong, needing no one to support her. If she did need support she was weak after all. Emeric approved of Amy's new training habits, believing it was proof that she sought to become better, not satisfied at already being at the top. If only they knew why she trained so hard. No longer able to deal with the strain Amy exited to the woods where she had fought, dismissing the black wolf from her life. Her outfit was ragged, black and revealing more than it covered, large claw marks showing through from the various battles she had worn it to. Today she would hunt, and hopefully it would clear her mind. Bow in hand she walked through, silent as she searched for what she would be eating, hoping this would finally distract her from the worry and guilt eating at her.

Shadow walked from behind a large tree and looked at her from behind and he spoke having his voice heard and then like a ghost he was gone. " I would have helped you, I would have been your friend, you don't have to live a lie...you don't have to live alone." His voice was on the wind as if she had a spirit that was talking to her from trees. Was it actually Shadow or something else.

Her spine prickled as Amy sensed aother presence in the woods with her. The voice had her hackles raised with fear. The words were ones she wanted to hear, dreaded to hear. Spinning around she stared at the empty space. He was here, he was alive, he was still tormenting her. Surprisingly Amy felt herself welcoming it, glad that he was just fine and still around.

There was silence and then lightly a warm breath on her neck. " You wanted to buy me, I would have been happy with that. you could have been happy. It's not your fault, none of it is your fault. You couldn't have stopped it, But you can change your path. Everyone has the ability to change their path, you have a choice, whether you believe it or not." The breath was there, so close and it would have felt like she was going to be embraced but then again he was gone.

Amy felt the breath on her neck, but didn't turn around. Instead she simply concentrated on his presence. Her ears twitched slightly as he spoke, the same nonsense as always. Changing her path, things not being her fault. There was plenty of things Amy was guilty of. He stepped away again, but this time she was able to track him, her senses honed to a whole new level from the time spent madly training. It had finally paid off, finding Shadowfang in a tree. Pulling back the bow Amy released an arrow to pin him where he stood. "There is no need to change."

Shadow had a black cloat on and wraps around his hands and feet and when the arrow was let go his hand came up and grabbed it in the air. His head was hidden behind the hood and slowly he took his free hand and removed it. There were new scars on him as well. He had been training like she had. maybe not in the same way but still it was hard. He snapped the arrow and dropped it and he stood from the branch he was on. " You can still be saved." He jumped from the branch and landed on one knee and slowly he stood up.

Amy's hands trembled slightly. The wounds on her hands had split open, her bowstring slick with her own blood. "I don't need to be saved." Her words were a whisper, eyes glued to him as he caught the arrow, destroying her belief in having grown more powerful. The female had'nt eaten for days, and it was finally catching up to her. She stood strong for a few more moments before her knees began to buckle.

"Amy....there is only one differance between me and you, I held onto all of me, You lock part of yourself away. That day, when we fought and I didn't follow...You cried, didn't you" He didn't expect her to answer but if she did then it would have been amazing indeed. His tail moved lightly behind him and his pure black cloak blended with his natural coat. His gaze pierced hers and he looked to see if there had been any change in her eyes, if the demon was still in control or if it had lost a little of it's hold. Shadow saw her legs start to buckle and he waited till her balance would be lost before he dashed forward and caught her in his arms. " You train so hard....why."

Amy stood as tall as she could as Shadowfang spoke. She wouldn't be giving in to him. Not even if it was the truth. Amy finally buckled, only to be caught by him. Why did he keep on doing this to her? Dashing in and taking care of her. She attempted a glare up at him, but it was half hearted at best. "Because I can't lose."

" Everyone can't always win. At one point or another they lose and there no way around it." He picked her up in his arms as he walked toward a small pond that was near by. As he walked he looked forward and didn't bother to look down at her." You probably don't remember this but when we were small, I snuck into your parants building and dropped off a pretty stone that i had found while training in the forest. I'm not sure if you ever got it but it was me. I remembered thinking i was going to get caught the whole time, thinking that your family would catch and kill me, all for dropping off a simple stone." He smiled lightly as they finally got to the pond. He sat her down and then with his hands he created a bowl and got some water trapped in it and then he brought it to her lips." Drink."

Amy looked off as he spoke. "You always have to be so smart, don't you." Her words were muttered, just under her breath to make it hard to hear. Protests broke out from her as she was scooped up and carried through the woods. She could take care of herself just fine. She didn't need to be babied. Completely ignored Amy fell into a silent sulk.

Her ears twitched as the black male spoke, listening to the memory. She remembered that stone. Her brother had found it, and Amy had wrestled him for the bright milky blue stone. It had been her secret prize for days. Reaching a small pond Amy was deposited gently down. Returning to grumbling to herself about how she didn't need help Amy turned and watched him sceep up the water. Held to her lips Amy scowled. A bloody hand reached up, knocking it away. "I don't need your help." Lies, but she still felt that she had to say that.

He sighed and went to the pool and again he got some water in his hands and slowly he brought it to her and he looked her in the eye, it was the look of a threat it was of something more, a wisdom, and friendship. He made a simple nod with his head as he looked to the water an then her. If he had to he would keep at it all day and sooner or later she would break. He couldn't leave her alone given how weak she was and how beat up." drink...."

To be Continued

Messages In This Thread