M-Reader's Pleasure
Shadow walked slowly as Amy moved along side him. Still she was quiet and wouldn't let him know of her intentions. He had asked once while they were traveling and he got nothing out of her. She was in deep thought a lot of the time and in fact she had been thinking so hard at one point he surprised her when he had offered her a skin filled with water. What could she be thinking about so hard that it affected her ability to stay focused. It must have been something important. Shadow knew it had something to do with her family but little did he know that Amy's thoughts were of Shadow.

my had fallen into a pattern traveling with Shadowfang. Every day before he awoke (and she made sure he was asleep, and not just faking it) she went out and trained, working to become more powerful. After she returned to sleep for a short while before she would wake up to the smell of breakfast being made. Amy didn't question the care that the assassin gave to her anymore, simply accepting it as fact. She did her best to make sure that she wasn't a burden, scouting out places for them to rest and occasionally trading for supplies that they needed, using what she had learned to get all they needed.

For the rest of the day they would travel, Amy thinking about how she would prove herself. She could enter the fights, and work her way up to champion there. That didn't mean that she would be the best though, having only defeated a single family member, and her appearance would be sacrificed in the battle. Returning to work as an assassin didn't seem pleasant either, and competing against her mother was sure to be impossible. Forced to whore herself out and compete with Aunt Sofia wasn't an option for her either.

That left defeating Shadow as the only viable option for her to take. How she would go about conquering him was a mystery though, especially since Miyu's words about having him as a mate continued to echo through her mind. Should she try to seduce him? Force him to submit? She was unsure.

Shadow walked until they were on a cliff face and as he looked around he smiled and saw that right in front of the cliff was a cave. it would be perfect for them to set up camp here. He took off his pack and started to get things set up and he looked to Amy, and once again she was lost in thought, what could she possibly be thinking about for almost all hours of the day. He set up where the fire would be with large stones and then he went out and in no time he had wood for there fire. He looked to the mouth of the cave and he walked inside and saw that it hadn't been used in quite some time. There wasn't even a smell of bear or any other animal save for bats. He could hear them talking to one another and he smiled as a couple flew out and they passed Amy and as they did he looked to her and saw that distance once again in her eyes. Was she thinking about assassinating him in his sleep, no that didn't seem likely. He wished he could help her and so again he tried. " Amy, If there is something I can help you with feel free to ask. I am at your disposal if you need me." He kept working but his eyes remained on her as he waited and hoped for a reply that wasn't 'nothing is wrong'.

Bats flew past her, sending Amy to brush at her face. It was irritating, dragging her back out of her thoughts. Glancing at Shadowfang she shook her head at his question. "You can't help me with this." She had to figure it out on her own, however she would manage that. Sighing she sat down on the ground, looking up. There was one way to find out if he would make a good mate. The tradition of her family, to sleep with strong canines until healthy pups came from the union. She didn't want that with Shadowfang though. Somehow it didn't seem right. He fit all the criteria, but she just didn't want to. Maybe it was the fact that she'd be forced to abandon him if he proved too weak was why she left him hanging, suspended between being her mate and being unworthy.

hadow looked to her and saw a look he couldn't place. She wasn't going to tell him anything. He let it drop as he finished placed the pelts on the ground so they could sleep within the cave and the heat from the fire would feel the cave and make sure they were nice and warm even if it started to snow and even if it rained the cave entrance would block the water. He got comfortable as he looked to the mouth of the cave towards Amy and rather than keep pestering her he let it go as he laid down and looked to the roof of the cave and he thought to himself about what had been bothering Amy. He really wanted to help but if she said he couldn't then he couldn't.

Coming into the cave Amy took the thin rabbit they had caught that day, moving to cook it over the fire. They could probably eat better, but they didn't need much food, neither of them shifting a huge amount, and both more than capable of getting the food they needed. It was more of a snack than a real meal.

Everything was set up comfortably. With the meat slowly cooking Amy turned, staring out into the night as if it might hold the answers. Perhaps it really did. They were both creatures of darkness, experts at hiding their presence. Amy knew him very well from the battles they had fought, the time spent together. She knew his strange ideas, how he thought. He probably knew her just as well, even if she did keep herself cloaked, revealing nothing.

Shadow sat up as he looked to her start to cook the rabbit and he got out of his pelt and sat next to the fire and he said nothing as he just sat there wanting to be near. He was actually starting to eat away at him, on how he couldn't help her. It was as if she had some insane mission and he was not allowed to help in it. She was special to him and here she was cut off and alone, and yet she wasn't even a foot away from him.

Turning she looked over at Shadowfang. "How do you reveal yourself? Stop hiding?"

Shadow looked to her and thought about what she was asking and then he gave her the best answer he could think of. " To reveal ones self is to step into the light if they were hiding in the shadows and say here I am, To truly reveal ones self one must open them self up and let the other know there feelings, there worries, there dreams, everything. You can either reveal your presence or reveal your emotions, that's what I think anyway."

Amy snorted at the explanation. Feelings again. They just got in the way of what was important, a chain holding them back. After all, it was emotions that stopped her from doing what she had to do to return to her family. Maybe it was about time she stopped listening to them, and started acting on what was needed instead. Turning she looked Shadowfang in the eyes, suddenly seductive in her appearance. "There's another way to reveal yourself as well, you know." Amy lifted a hand to her shoulder, casually brushing the fabric down to reveal the bare flesh underneath. He had seen her, knew what was underneath. It worried her, that he wouldn't find her desireable because he already knew what was there. She could still try, at least.

He watched her closely and the moment her eyes changed he knew what was coming. Was this what she was thinking of the whole time? How to come onto him, It didn't seem right, He had to admit he had thought about her and in all truth he did want her. Back when they had fought in her room and he was laying on top of her he had an urge to kiss her but held back knowing nothing good would have come from it. Where was this other Amy coming from? Why only now was she acting like this. He had to know. His eyes traveled along her body and then lightly his averted them and looked to the flames of the near by fire." Why only now...." He hadn't said no but he hadn't said yes either. For all the training he had, it would be easy to see on his face that he was caught off guard by this random tactic.

Shadowfang's eyes traveled along her body, reassuring her that he still found her desireable, despite seeing everything that she looked like. His eyes fell to the fire, suddenly indescribeably shy. Maybe he knew that there was something wrong with her coming on like this, that it was simply a test to see if she could break the ties between them. She hoped not. Smiling at his words Amy shrugged. "I can't escape you. I might as well be with you."

" If you truly mean that then I can not deny you. " He looked back into her eyes the fire mirroring the same flame that burned within. His strong emotionless face seemed to melt off as he stared into her eyes. He never allowed himself to feel that way for her in fear that he would be denied. But now she was the one who was speaking to his heart like an angel is disguise. He remained where he was and his eyes again looked her over but they kept going back to her eyes. Her's too burned with a flame but was her flame the same as his. He hoped it was, he truly hoped." It this what you have been thinking of since we have started traveling together?" He still didn't believe that this was happening, There had to be more to it, no one just threw themselves at someone and expected them not to wonder why.

The desire, joy, and fear in his face was clear now, eyes burning intently as he looked at her. It sent shivers through her body to have so much directed at her. Desire and fear was something she knew very well, but joy? There was another emotion as well, one she didn't know, couldn't even understand. Another question came, and Amy looked away. Bria (5:01:39 PM):"I've been thinking of why we're tied together, trying to understand it." The uncertainty in her voice was there for a moment before she turned back to him, powerful and certain with her gaze. "This is the answer." Moving over Amy slid her hand down his back. "Don't you think?"

"Amy...."He didn't move as she touched his back and slowly he leaned forward and nuzzled into her neck lightly and he breathed in her scent and closed his eyes as it filled him. Damn it why did this have to happen. He wanted it to, he needed it to but still there were questions that needed answering. He nipped her neck lightly but kept his hands as his sides trying to restrain himself from moving to fast, however it was quickly apparent that he was not the one leading this action. She was. He kissed her neck lightly and again he took in her scent but then he stopped as he took in a deep breath, it would be easy to see that his body wanted her, and badly at that. " I want this to be the answer more than you know, but you haven't answered me.....Why only just now, right here, this place. Your eyes were full of question and then out of no where a lust, that I want, but can't place....." He was losing this fight faster than any fight in his life. He wanted there to be love, not just a reaction of two body's but of two souls, two hearts. He wanted that connection before he could be truly with her. He wanted to know that he would never be left. He mated for life, not for lust.

He nuzzled her neck lightly, the seductress turning, nibbling at his fur, brushing just below his ears, knowing how sensitive they would be when she finally got around to them. A light nip followed, her hand slowly moving to trail over his arm, feeling the rippling muscles underneath. She wanted him, despite the emotional restraints that tore at her. They were at such opposite ends, Shadowfang fighting to control his body, her fighting to control her emotions screaming for her to stop, knowing she could lose him this way. It was fine though. The lust would take her in the end as it always did, filling her with ecstacy, tearing away the regrets she had before.

He nuzzled her neck lightly, the seductress turning, nibbling at his fur, brushing just below his ears, knowing how sensitive they would be when she finally got around to them. A light nip followed, her hand slowly moving to trail over his arm, feeling the rippling muscles underneath. She wanted him, despite the emotional restraints that tore at her. They were at such opposite ends, Shadowfang fighting to control his body, her fighting to control her emotions screaming for her to stop, knowing she could lose him this way. It was fine though. The lust would take her in the end as it always did, filling her with ecstacy, tearing away the regrets she had before. His question was met with an impatient look. "If you want it, how can it be wrong? Yes, I've been wondering what to do. I found my answer. This is it." She brushed in, kissing his lips softly. Hands reached around him, slowly massaging his muscles, trying to get him to give in.

He fell back with her being on top of him and he growled a little as his hands traveled to her back and lightly he scratched down her back and he kissed her lips back lightly as he closed his eyes and then his hands started to massage her body like hers were to him, he gave a slight moan but then he stopped and growled again but it wasn't of wanting it was of annoyance, of fear." Could you love me....." He looked up at her a whole new look within his eyes, if she was reading his eyes before now only one feeling was there, love. He needed to know that love was driving this action, no other emotion would do. He needed her to know this. To feel it, to want it, like he did. "Amy, when I was with you before when you would kill others, I saw for a second a part of you that hated doing it, I wanted to free that part, to release the part of you that has emotion. I wanted that goofy, cute, carefree pup again, I wanted to see her, I have always cared for you but not because of your looks or your family, because of how I feel for you. I know this word might not be heard as it should, But I have loved you always....It's why I help, it's why I heal, it's why I fight for you. I want this more than you know.....your very body calls to mine like a wolf calls to the moon." He just looked into her eyes and waited.

Shadowfang fell back, and Amy was on top of the mighty black wolf. It was so easy, getting him to submit this way. He was putty in her hands, dancing as she wished. His hands traveled to her back, scratching it slightly. Growling with contentment Amy shifted her body against him, rubbing to increase his desire. This was the right thing. She knew it. He stopped again, bringing a growl from her. She didn't want to stop. His question had her pause in movement for a second. Love? What did love have anything to do with this?

Amy looked down, eyes glowing bright. There was that unknown emotion in the again, bringing fear from her. She didn't get it, didn't grasp it at all. Even worse, he spoke about that instant where she felt a speck of disgust for her actions. It always faded, becoming weaker with each kill. Amy didn't even acknowledge it anymore, just assuming everyone felt that way about killing. Hearing that he wanted the ignorant pup back Amy pushed away, disgusted. She didn't want someone who loved a pup. She wanted someone who wanted her. Stepping away she headed out of the cave. "I guess this isn't the answer then."

Shadow got up quickly and he ran behind her and grabbed her wrist and turned her quick and before she could react he kissed her passionately and he held the kiss as his strong arms wrapped around her and then one of his hands went to her neck and held it lightly as he closed his eyes and let himself be taken in my the kiss. He wasn't about to lose Amy, not again, not ever.

Her wrist was grabbed. Angrily Amy opened her mouth to protest, wanting to be let go, only to find his lips on hers. The kiss was passionate, fiery, igniting her own fire. She wanted this, she didn't want this, the entire world was confusion. Giving in to her desire Amy let him sweep her away, held close in his arms. Her arms wrapped around him, holding close. "So you choose me?"

" I choose all of you, I can't let you go again, I wanted you back when you left that day....never again..." He held her and he looked into her eyes and lightly he took his right hand and he placed his thumb upon her cheek and rubbed it lightly as he looked into her fire like eyes.

Amy trembled slightly, knowing that the very actions they did, the ones that would bring them closer, could also irrevocably tear them apart. At least he didn't know that. For now she could give in to her lust. Later, if she became pregnant, she could tell him what finding a mate meant for her. Her cheek was stroked softly, stopping tears before they even came. Her hands danced over his body, feeling his muscles. "Alright..." Her words were barely a whisper as she leaned up, kissing his lips, passionate and strong, feeling all of him beneath her, knowing where this would go.

Shadow brought her closer into the kiss and he smiled as he brought her down slowly and laid her upon one of the pelts he had set down earlier. He looked her deep in the eyes and then he leaned forward and kissed ear one softly as she closed them and then he held her close in his arms as he leaned forward and took in her scent one last time before he kissed her with love on the lips and he gave in and let his body and soul act on what it wanted. He loved her and he knew that there was still a reason behind her sudden interest in him and he knew that he wouldn't like it but he loved her, he just hoped that his love would one day be returned and that he would be able to see it in her eyes, maybe even one day, a smile.

Messages In This Thread