M-Reader's Pleasure
In the last post, after Amy and Shadow made love they discovered that she was pregnant. With that discovery Amy remembered why she was doing this, making Shadow mad as she grew more distant once more, leaving her to return to her family by herself without him.

Shadow ran like his life was on a timer and he had only minutes left. He pumped his legs and arms as fast as he could and when that wasn't fast enough he jumped and shifted in the air to his Secui form. Now like a black beast from hell he shot through the forest like a storm of rage and hate. He knew where he needed to go. He needed to go to the heart of the beast, the center of it all. The mannor of Amys family. He would go to them and demand her release to him. No matter how angry he was or how hard he wanted to hate her for her actions, he had seen love. it was all in bits and peices and she always tried to hide it but it had been there and he would now fight for it. Even if it cost him his life.

A month had passed since the discovery, a month of fighting raging hormones and watching herself grow rounder. It was terrifying, knowing how vulnerable she was in this state. The worst part was waking up, crying out for Shadowfang. It was a good thing that Amy had chosen to move into a very isolated place of the mansion during this time, or the fact that she had actually grown attached to him would be discovered. Knees pulled up Amy glanced out her window, staring blankly. It wouldn't be long now before they would come.

Shadow reached the gates to the front of the property and he took a breath as he steeled himself and his emotions faded. As of that moment the only one who wasn't his enemy was Amy. All other members of this family were his target but even though there was a need to take every life in the place he knew that it wouldn't help the situation. Shadow made it to the front doors and he knocked hard as he stood there, tall powerful and pissed. it had been so long from when he walked away from Amy. It might not have seemed like a good idea at the time, but he knew that in doing so he could think and plan. Shadow had his large sword on his back and with it a charm on it's hilt that Amy had given him while they were together. He looked over his shoulder to the simple charm and he was hit with a resolve that would not fail. He was not leaving without his Amy.

Jarrett heard the pounding. Angrily the short tempered dog came to the door. Glowering he opened it, finding a very tall black wolf standing out there. Jarrett was large, but not as large as this one. He stared for a minute before managing to take on a scowl. Grabbing his sword he snapped at the intruder. "Get out. You don't have permission to be here." He had no idea who this was, and didn't care.

Amy didn't even hear the pounding, simply staring out the window. She was working on keeping the anger that was building inside her from exploding. It seemed every little thing was getting on her nerves this morning, and she didn't know why.

" My name is Shadow I am here to speak with Amy's father.....I will not be leaving until I speak with him. You can tell him Shadowfang is here and wishes to have an audiance with him." Shadow stood there and didn't growl, he didn't even move he just stood there and looked forward not showing any fear or any emotion for that matter. Shadow would remain in this state as long as he wasn't attacked by the dog infront of him, if Shadow was attacked things would not go well.

Jarrett listened, bored as the wolf began to speak. As soon as Emeric was addressed as Amy's father though his ears perked up. "You're the one she left?" The fact that he had left him had been such an embarrassment to Amy that she had covered it up, feeling it was too painful to even think about him leaving her. It was shoved into a closet with the rest of her painful building emotions, a ticking bomb waiting to explode. "Why do you want to see Emeric?"

Jarrett refused to budge from where he was, waiting for answers from this interloper. He was quite angry, and rightly so to have someone breaking into their lands like this. Rightfully he should chop off this Shadow's head. He couldn't do that if the pups were born healthy though. That would make the male family, and Emeric was quite strict about how battles were conducted inside the family, making sure there were witnesses to show who achieved rank.

Shadow heard the question and again he wanted to growl but he held back. he looked to the man with eyes like ice and death and he spoke." I'm here for Amy." He then looked away and back past the boy and to the stare case on the other wall facing the front doors. Shadow was growing impatient by the second and he would rather have cut the man down. Shadow almost smiled as he felt that the man infront of him probably wanted to do the same to him.

A small chill ran through Jarrett as the eyes met him. A smile formed on his lips. Amy always had worked hard to bring home the best. It seemed she wasn't satisfied with being so close to the top, seeking out a mate that was sure to bring her up in rank as well. Stepping back he nodded his head. "Emeric's this way." Jarrett moved away, walking through to introduce the mate Amy had chosen. It was a good choice.

Shadow saw the smile and did not return it, he only followed the man to where the object of his anger would be released. He wanted and needed Amy and he needed to talk to her father. The father held the key to his happiness and to his very life. Shadow walked softly behind the man and said nothing, he looked only ahead and knew where his destination was.

Emeric was resting in the study, looking over the contract Amy had returned with to gain safety for the time of her pregnancy. Glancing up as Jarrett entered Emeric rose, recognizing the assassin that Amy brought home once before. "Why are you here?"

Shadow looked to him with confidence and with perpose. He nodded his head first and then he spoke lightly." I'm here for Amy, I wish to be with her. She has our children and I want to be there for her." His request was something that sounded like a simply soon to be fatherly request, but it was so much more. If he had to he would live with the very family he hated, if he could he would challange who he had too in order to get Amys freedom.

Emeric crossed his arms as the purpose was stated. "We don't know if you're worthy of being here yet. I haven't even decided if Amy has earned her place back or if it's just temporary while she carries the pups. You can wait until they're born."

" If it's a question of my skill then I will gladly fight aggainst anyone you point me at. I will prove myself how it is meant to be done, though combat." Shadow crossed his arms as he gave his answer to Amys father. Shadow had no intention of leaving Amy when he could be at her side. He stood there like a mountain and like one, he would not be moved without a fight.

):Emeric stared at him, surprised at this wolf's stubbornness. Tipping his head back he laughed. "It's not a matter of skill. It's a matter of your blood. Whether or not the pups you gave her are strong enough to be given the name Sunders. They're the ones the decision rests on." Emeric turned away, bored with the conversation, silently dismissing the black male.

" Then allow me to be at Amys side, If infact the pups are unworthy then I will vanish like a ghost and you will never see be again. However, if the pups are healthy and strong I want to be there like a father should." Shadow remained unmoving and his face and eyes mirrored his determination. Shadow hoped that his actions would win him the respect of the father and more than anything and return to his love and future family.

Was this male an idiot? He had been dismissed, yet still stood there, pleaing to be with Amy. The foolish female wasn't worth that much. She had disgraced the family. While she had returned, proving to be quite powerful and valuable, that mark was difficult to forgive. This stubborn male, standing here and asking for her, was a nuisance. He stood with his back from Shadow before swinging around, sword in hand. He was more skilled than Amy was, years and years of experience on him. The black wolf didn't even have a chance. "This is your last warning. Get out. I don't want you with her."

Shadow didn't move a muscle, he looked to the blade and then he looked to the eyes of the one holding it and he smiled. So shadow would get what he wanted, Since birth he had trained and when he eas young it was for survival but when he got older and met Amy and knew that it was her that he loved he trained not to be better than her, oh no, he trained to be able to take on any of the family and show that he wasn't going to back down. Shadow stepped back and walked into the main lobby of the mansion and then he stopped again and roared as he turned and pulled his sword from his back." I challange the leader for the right of Amys freedom from this hell hole! I challenge for Amy and I challenge because I just don't like you." Shadow held his sword out in much the same way the father had and he was ready. Shadow mastered the blade and hand to hand combat for this purpose alone. from this moment on it would be life or death.

Emeric smiled back, not knowing what was being thought. As far as he was concerned he was facing a young fool that had no idea what he was doing. He had four years on the wolf after all, and had studied with the masters. The black assassin walked away, and Emeric dropped his stance, the threat gone. Turning to resume his work Emeric froze with anger at the roar. He was being challenged? Nobody challenged him and got away with it! His own bellowing howl answered Shadow's sword drawn. "You'll fail like all the rest before you." Eyes seeing red Emeric waited for the attack.

Shadow knew that there was no room for error and that he would have to fight and mean it. If Amy talked about Shadows skill about how he was almost as good as her or that he matched her ability then Shadow had a secrect that the family didn't know. Shadow always held back, part of being an assassin was never letting the enemy know your true skill or strength. Shadow wasn't playing anymore this was it. " Then come at me....or do you fear that I am better than the other fools, you have fought." Shadow held the sword in an odd stance that had it pulled back behind him facing towards the ground. His father had been among one of the best swordmen and his father nailed that skill into his mind and body. Shadows eyes told of nothing but death. The only other time shadow had ever looked to anyone like this was when his father was alive and they were training. Shadows eyes had changed and his father now that he thought of it had taken a step back.

It seemed they were at a standstill. Well, there was a way to stop this. Emeric shot forwards faster than the eye could track, not even stirring the air. He was the head of the family for a reason, and being a slouch wasn't why. As old as he was Emeric was still powerful, and quickly slammed his sword into Shadow's arm, jamming the flesh and sword into the wall. Releasing it Emeric followed up with a good old fashioned punch to the face.

Shadow went back as the sword hit his arm and pushed him back against a wall. Shadow looked forward and saw the fist coming and he knew right away what he was up against. Shadow moved his head to the side as the fathers fist hit the wall and then he growled." That all you got!" He pushed out with his left hand moving the father back and then he used that hand and grabbed the sword that was in his arm and he held it as he cracked his nack and took a fighting stance." Your first mistake was thinking that you were so high above me in skill." He moved forward matching the speed he had seen and he slashed with both swords in an X formation and followed it up by spinning and keeping the blades out making sure the father couldn't move in close.

His fist was dodged, something Emeric had expected if the wolf had any skill at all. Emeric stepped back, waiting fo the next challenge. It was fine that the pup had tried to push him back, Emeric using the extra force to gain more room. The blades spun around tightly, bringing a smile to the old dog's face. He knew exactly how to break this. Drawing a dagger Emeric chucked it to hit in the center of the pattern, causing friction to slam the swords apart. During the small opening this made Emeric ducked through, fist slamming upwards to hit Shadow's muzzle.

Shadows swords opened and he was not surprised at the least. This was the leader of the clan and it all made since. Shadow saw the opening and then he saw the strike coming. He had little to do in means of fighting back so he did what he knew would be surprising to the man. He let go of his swords and dropped and he kicked out to trip him and then he followed it by grabbing one of the swords that were in the air and as he did that he saw the father do the same and there swords hit and pressed against one another. The idea of a battle like this caused him to smile, it was the smile of a demon.

The swords were released, giving Shadow time to respond to the attack. The black wolf dropped low to the ground, sending Emeric slightly overbalanced. He recovered swiftly, grabbing a sword out of the air and pushing back. The swords clashed together, two demons fighting over the one who was above them, unaware of them and working on destroying everything good inside her to let the demon eat the last part of her heart.

"I will not let you continue to turn Amy into a monster!" With those words his sword came out hand and fast and it was swung so hard that when the swords bet there were sparks. The powerful blow pushed him back and Shadow dove in stabbing forward and going for the man's chest followed be a spin and a swing for the man's neck. Shadows eyes were darker now and the growls and roars from there fight was starting to be heard all around and it was bringing attention as other members came and stood in silence around the battle ground.

Emeric raised his ears at the words. Amy wasn't a monster, she was what she was meant to be, cold enough to do her job without breaking apart. The swords met each other fiercely, slamming hard enough to make sparks. Emeric was sent back, holding as the sword was driven for his chest. He did his best battling back, refusing to give in. "Why do you care about her? This is her family. She belongs here." He dodged the last blow towards his neck, leaping forwards to stab Shadow, leg kicking out to disable the wolf at the same time.

"I love her!!!" Shadow kept swinging harder and faster, he kept pushing and pushing using every skill and every lesson his father had taught him as well as what he had taught himself. The pure Passion and love he had for Amy was felt in his every blow and the house echoed with the sound of steel meeting steel.

Love? Emeric ducked down, refusing to give up. He forced Shadow to the ground, standing above him. "Love will get you nothing." Hearing the clash of metal Amy had come down. Her eyes were cold and distant, detached from everything. Standing at the top of the stairs she looked down, seeing Shadowfangs' life being threatened. "Let him go!" Her voice held a small strain of emotion in it. "I can deal with this." Emeric looked up, shrugging and moved off. "If you can't get rid of him you're not part of this family anymore." Pale, Amy nodded agreement, moving down to where the black wolf stood. "Come."

"If you feel that way then obviously you know nothing about it. Love it what drives me and love is was gives me strength. Someone fighting with only codes and honor are strong but when someone fights for love they are much stronger!!" Shadow kicked for his feet and spun using the momentum of the kick and he pushed himself so his feet and slashed sideways hitting the leaders blade but due to the strength behind it, the sword went back to press against the man's chest and Shadows sword cut him deep. If not for the sword there to block it the man would have been cut in to. Shadow backed off and looked to him. Both them bled now, Shadow from his arm and Amys father from the gash across his chest. Shadow held the sword firm and his intention was clear. Either he would make the man stand down and give him Amy or one of them would die.

Emeric listened as the wolf continued to speak. He was surprised when Shadow managed to push him back, cutting into his chest. Amy stepped down, pushing them apart. "Shadowfang!" Emeric brushed his wound, glaring angrily at the assassin. He wanted him dead, horrible at respecting others. :Amy glared coldly. "You're making a scene. Leave." Amy turned, walking off into a seperate area, away from her family. Whatever came next would be just between them, no one watching.

Shadow looked coldly as Amys father and when Amy broke them up and walked away to speak with Shadow, he was feeling happy to see her but knew that the occasion wasn't going to be a happy one. Shadow sheathed his sword on his back and followed Amy into another room. The door was closed behind him and as he turned to look at Amy a whole new situation was about to start.

:Amy listened quietly as he followed after her. He certainly was stubborn. "Why are you here. I believe you didn't want anything to do with me. That's why you left, isn't it?"

"No that's not why I left. I left because I needed to think clearly. I needed to figure out what I wanted. What I want is you. I'll fight and die for you and I will not wait to the side. I will not let you be without me. I told you I loved you. That still is true now." Shadow looked her in the eyes and he stood tall and he spoke what his whole body was telling him he felt.

Amy turned around, trembling with rage. "That's it? You'll fight for me, and you left me?" All the emotions that had been building inside her were unleashed as she looked at the one she had let herself get close to, the one that she shouldn't have ever been near. It was weak, and now she had the chance to destroy the weakness. Drawing a throwing knife Amy snapped. Screaming her anger Amy threw as many as he could at them. "Liar! You left as soon as you found out! Get out get out out!"

Shadow saw the blades coming and he didn't move, a total of 6 throwing knives had hit home and were littered over his body, there was one in his right arm, one his his left leg, two in his stomach and two in his chest. He looked down at the knives gutting out of him and then slowly he looked up as the smell of blood quickly killed the room. " I came here, you fight for your freedom, I came here to fight and get you back and take home, with me. He slightly wavered to the right and he caught himself as he closed his eyes for a second and he fought to stay on his feet as he looked to her." I love you..." His eyes started to lighten as he fell to one knee and his right hand shot out and slammed into the ground as he held his body up. He had come here to claim his love only to have her kill him. His body was broken, more than the wounds it was the idea of his love attacking him that hurt him. He looked to the ground and smiled as he thought about the irony of it all.

He didn't even try to dodge. The knives struck him, and Amy stared, wondering at what had happened. He was so powerful. He couldn't die. It was impossible. He was pulling her leg. Even then, he spoke about loving her, as he started to sink down. Amy rushed over, pulling the knives back out. "Are you stupid? You could have dodged those!" Desperately Amy glanced around, finding something to stem the bleeding with. "No one here will help you."

Shadow smiled as she rushed to him and held him while she removed the knives from his body. He chuckled lightly as a little bit of blood left his mouth. " I told you...I would die for you...That's how much I love you." Shadow looked to the ground as he spoke his voice getting weaker but still held the same passion and power from before. "I want to raise our family. I want to have you in my arms and I want to be able to see you smile. When I left you I wasn't leaving you, I was heading here to confront your father." He took a deep breath and slowly he looked up into Amys eyes and then without warning he kissed her on the lips as he closed his eyes and one hand went to her cheek and like he had always done, he moved some of her hair and rubbed his thumb over her cheek gently.

He wouldn't shut up! He was dying, bleeding all over the place, and was still talking. "You shut up or you won't be around when they come. There won't be a father for the family you want to raise." She tightened the makeshift bandaging around his body, making sure the bleeding was stopped now. Tears streamed down her face as he kissed her, able to taste the blood on his lips. His eyes closed. "No...don't go...I...I love you..."

By the gods. Shadow had lived through hell and heaven to hear those secret words that had just come from Amy. His eyes opened as he pulled away and then he smiled as he looked to her." I have been waiting forever, to hear those words come from your lips." Shadow growled as he forced his legs to pick him up. He looked to the door as he pulled his sword from it's sheath and he found that Amy was under one arm helping him move." They will all be waiting out that door...." He didn't say anything more. If Amy truly knew him and what he was about then by picking himself up, that alone should have been the answer. Shadow had no intention to die right now, not now that he knew that words of love could from from his angel. He knew that she might get mad about him taking the knives to prove a point but if she brought it up he would just say that she could kick his ass later, after they were safe.

His eyes reopened, pulling away from her. He seemed stronger somehow now. Amy was confused for a moment as he forced himself to stand up, clearly in pain from the wounds. He was alright? Not dying? HE HAD DONE THAT JUST TO GET HER TO SAY THAT? Amy was furious. Helping him stand and move, but absolutely furious. "How could you do that?" She understood exactly what he meant, and turned, looking away. "We can get out through here." Amy lead him over to a bookcase, pushing it to reveal a passageway out of the house, a hole in the wall that had never been repaired. Stepping out she helped him leave the mansion, knowing it wouldn't be long before her family was after them, prepared to chase away the interlopers. It appeared she wasn't a Sunders anymore.

Shadow moved as fast as he could while being helped by Amy. He looked forward and one eye was closed as he was wincing at the pain that he was feeling throughout his body. He coughed and some more blood came and he spoke as he had a smirk on his muzzle. " Your probably mad at the fact that I took all those knives to my body. You can kick my ass later once we are far from here. By the way I am still dieing...just hearing those words gave me the strength to go on. But yeah....lots of blood loss.." He looked to his bandages and cringed lightly as he saw a light up ahead." We must be close."

He was still dying? This was horrible. Furiously Amy thought. There was a medic that owed her a favor that she could take him to. Close by as well. Outside the grounds Amy grabbed a horse from someone who had been coming to the mansion, slitting his throat. She pushed Shadow up and climbed after him.

Kicking the horse Amy sent them thundering down the path, moving towards the medic. "Die on me and I swear you won't know any peace. I'll make sure those I send after you curse your name." The small wooden shanty in the woods was growing close now, all kinds of herbs up there. Hopefully she could save her black wolf.

" You say the sweetest things..." He chuckled and coughed again still more blood coming. He knew he needed to stop talking but all in all, with knowing that she loved him and that she actually said it he was damn happy. He was in heaven now but he needed to be careful less he actually die and go there. Shadows arms wrapped around Amys body as she brought the horse to sprint as fast as it could. shorty they arrived at some mans house and when it came to Shadow getting off the horse he fell off to weak to hold himself up anymore and he knocked out not knowing that he was being lifted and taken into the medics building.

She had fallen in love with a fool. It was insulting, and demeaning, and she couldn't help herself. She watched Shadow get off, only to collapse. She sprang down, managing to catch him. He was much heavier than her, larger and with more muscle. It was only with the medic's help that she got him inside. Laid out on a table she sat nearby. "Can you fix him?" The medic looked up sharply. "I don't know yet. It'll be some hours before we know." Amy nodded her head, settling in for the hours of wait before she would find out if her love would survive.

Messages In This Thread