plant the seed
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=IM+Fell+DW+Pica);</style>Octavius Poer de Angelo
Word Count :: +5 LOL he is such a dork. Dude, powerplay...just tell me if you want me to change it, k?

Octavius was once again trying to grab the boards on top of the shed, stretching his already tall body out…and failing time and again. Sighing in frustration, he stood flat on his feet and placed his hands on his hips, glaring at the wood. Aoi’s question caught his attention for a few moments and his red eyes flicked to the side to take in her slightly cautious expression. Smiling a bit, he shrugged his slender shoulders one time and trailed his hands through the still growing tuft of hair on his head. “Not really…I remember seein’ him when I was real little…but it’s been a long time since he’s come down. I don’t really think he cares all that much.”

The mottled colored girl’s comment about missing a parent as well had his ears perking, but he figured that would be a good discussion for some other time. Talking about all that emotional stuff while trying to tear down a structure was probably not the best of ideas, so he just nodded and turned back to the shed. When she agreed to the ‘shove down’ idea, he grinned and stepped aside to make more room for her smaller body. Pressing his hands against the wood, he began shoving his weight against it in waves, huffing softly as the wood creaked and groaned in protest. It didn’t take long before the base boards were snapping and the entire thing was coming apart, crashing down into a mess of a heap.

Grinning over at Aoi happily, he crouched down and inspected a few of the boards still stuck in the ground, the foundation pieces. “We’ll have to dig these out.” As he began to stand up, a sharp scent hit his nose and his head whipped around. Eyes widened at the sight of red staining Aoi’s fur, and the fact that she seemed to be trying to hide it from him. “Hey! Come here…lemme look at it.” His voice was commanding, but soft and worried, wanting to make sure that his new friend wasn’t hurting. As soon as she was within touching distance, he reached out and grabbed her hips, pulling her up close.

Still on his knees, he was the perfect height, his nose pressing against her side as he sniffed around for the source of the blood. Despite her small protests, he continued and finally found the small cut, parting the fur with his fingers and sliding his tongue across the gash a few times, trying to clean it up. The bleeding stopped shortly after and he nuzzled her side a little, looking up at her face with a little pout. “Don’t be mad at me, Aoi…I just don’t want you to be hurting. Should I go find Alaki so he can fix it?” It was obvious that he was genuinely worried about the girl he’d only met a little while before, nervous about her wellbeing. “We can pause on this project if you need to.” Shifting nervously from foot to foot, he reached out and grabbed one of the shovels, guess that it meant she was fine and wanted to keep working.

Image courtesy of bigbanglittlestock

<style>
.SS15141211_OctSwam .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_OctSwam p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_OctSwam b {font-family:verdana; color:#5a7c1f; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_OctSwam {background-color:#2a2b1b; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#676f37; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9843/atab11.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:290px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #676f37; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_OctSwam .name {text-align:right; font-family:IM Fell DW Pica; color:#9ba063; font-size:45px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:20px;}
.SS15141211_OctSwam .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#7f8070; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread