one is the lonliest number
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/ ... utable.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#bebfc8; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 415px;">

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count:361

Her advice to seek a confidant was not meant to include herself in the matter. Although Hotaru was worried and curious as to what had transpired, she did not believe he would be willing to confide in her. They had met on several occasions, but Hotaru didn't really feel all that close with the rest of her pack and she had believed that they felt the same way. So when Taliesin began to speak to her of his problems, she was genuinely shocked. The shock registered in her features for a second before she was able to return to her placid appearance.

Even if Hotaru was startled by his sudden speech, she listened attentively. Her ears were perked and always stayed trained on the male. Her hands moved slower as she worked until they eventually stopped. A small pile of bone shards rested in her paw, while the other was cupped around the pile to prevent it from spilling back onto the ground. The grey wolf's entire focus became the grieving and hurt male before her. His words came out in a quick rush, and were filled to the brim with pain and worry. Hotaru nodded a little as he talked and her mind reeled as the situation was laid bare before her.

His mate had left him for another and she had taken all but one of his pups. Hotaru could only imagine the betrayal he must have felt, although she considered his pain might be similar to her own. Then there was the question of his son: how would his son react and feel at his mother's abandonment? "I'm afraid there is little I can do to help you. Although I empathize with your feelings. I too know the pain of betrayal by a loved one..." Hotaru paused, not really sure what to say next. "Taliesin, you and I live close by. If you ever need company or help with you son, feel free to ask for it. It's the least I can do. But for now, if you really want to help your son, you have to stand up and move forward. For his sake and for yours."

Table by Chazza

[/html]

Messages In This Thread