one is the lonliest number
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/ ... utable.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#bebfc8; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 415px;">

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count:299

Hotaru often enjoyed speaking in complicated sentences and using her mind to express her feelings, much like a poet. But when her pack mate was hurting so much, she felt that her normal way of speaking was somehow wrong. For once, Hotaru didn't mince her words and spoke her mind directly. Although some of the things she said could have been considered a little cruel, she wanted to give Taliesin the respect she always desired. When his larger hand reached over to gently grasp hers she felt like her decision had been correct. His gratitude and soft voice brought a sympathetic smile to her face and she gave him a comforting squeeze of her hand.

"Your welcome Taliesin. It's least I could do for you, after all, listening is what I do best." Hotaru made no complaint when the bone shards were removed from her hands. When they were all gone, she slowly closed her paw as if trying to grasp the air. There were so many things she wished to hold onto, so many things she wished would be returned to her. The poet must be feeling the same way as her. He had lost so much. He had lost two puppies months before, and two more just recently along with his life partner. The immense amount of pain and betrayal he was likely feeling was something Hotaru wished no one would have to experience.

In truth, even though he was heartbroken and hurt, Hotaru couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Even if it was only for a little while, he had found a mate and received puppies of his own from the union. The blind wolf held no delusions about her life. She knew getting a mate was near impossible for someone who was sight impaired.

Table by Chazza

[/html]

Messages In This Thread