so woe is me; it all falls apart, you see
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.freetable4 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0efec; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freetable4ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.freetable4 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 28px 10px 27px;margin:0px;}
.freetable4 {width:425px;border:1px solid #566878;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... table4.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:278px;background-color:#24465f;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#c1ccc6;}
</style>

WC. 378

That day in the jungle was quite a blur; recollecting how she'd obtained the cuts was a difficult task in itself. Words had been exchanged, a challenge had been issued by Lilin and her dam had accepted it quite forcefully in an attempt to salvage her credibility and cement her authority. The larger cut correlated with physical suffering, a feeling she associated with burning fire for that's what it had felt like at the time. Lilin had underestimated the madwoman's power, fooled by dulled yellow teeth and not paying attention where the true danger lay. Apparently, her claws hadn't lost their lethality. They hadn't been as brittle as Lilin had wrongly assumed them to be. Her forearm was guided by Saul's hand, closer to his face. She couldn't see his eyes from the way she was positioned but she didn't need to. He was expressive in so many ways; his tone of voice gave away whatever his concerned gaze could not at that time.

"Just a power struggle between mother and daughter. I'm okay," she admitted then, retracting her arm from his compassionate grip. Having never been involved in a fight before, Lilin found it all quite embarrassing. She knew that her cousin was well-versed in the art of healing and she did not want him to linger over the physical aspect of her injuries. Doing so would take away from the warmth and emotional stability he provided her with; those were more pressing matters. Her insecurities calmed as he brushed away the strands of hair blanketing her vision. "I thought I did," she answered after a moment of hesitation. The second part of her answer followed suit quickly enough, hoping to sway her relative's opinion in her favour had it started to falter already. "But I don't anymore. I want to carve my own path in life." The sound of rain drumming against their shelter overcame their conversation long enough for the two-toned girl to bring forth the issue that directly concerned the male. "I ran into Axle and Grit on my way home. Barry's great grandfather passed away. He's not coming back, Saul." The latter part of her revelation coaxed a quiver out of her lower lip, indicating that this news had initially triggered the waterworks.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread