so woe is me; it all falls apart, you see
[html]

-chews on a lili-butt- <3

Worry and anxiety that had previously been reserved only for the smaller cousin in his arms was now twisting his gut in a whole new way. Not only for the young boy in the room next door, but for Lilin as well, for Ezra and Elias, for Ariadne, even though he hadn't had a conversation with the exotic female since his arrival. They weren't his family- he didn't know them well enough to class them as family. Except Lilin, who would have been family even if she was the nastiest person in the world. Where were they going to live? Even though the others didn't mean as much to him as Lilin, there was still concern about what was going to happen to them after it was revealed to them that Barrett had left and wasn't coming back. He knew that he wouldn't be separated from Lilin, and there was no question about his son, but where would the rest of them go?

Her little voice caused him to look down once more, a soft smile on his features that was meant to be at least a little placating. There wasn't anything else they could do but tell everyone that needed to know and sort through the things that needed to be sorted out. In Saul's mind, he knew that they couldn't stay. This place didn't belong to anyone but Barrett and there was no way any of them would feel comfortable staying here now that the owner was gone. But he also understood that Lilin probably wasn't ready to come to this conclusion. So instead of voicing this opinion, he allowed a gentle nod of his head to graze the top of her head as he stretched, releasing her from his grip. Not surprisingly, his fur was damp and the shorts he'd been wearing had splotches of wetness on them, but he wasn't particularly bothered about the state she'd left him in. He was pleased he'd been able to calm her down at least.

"I know its a little raw, but you know them better than I do. Would you mind going to tell them?" He asked, green eyes asking silently if she would be okay to tell them both that their landlord would not be returning. "I'll be here if you need me." He said, a confident voice given to make sure that Lilin understood that he would always be there for her, even if she thought she wasn't good enough. With a smile, he stood up, offering his hand out towards her to help her from the floor before he moved towards the door and towards the children who were still playing in the room next door.

-exit saul-

word count → 433 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread