[J] Two Minutes to Midnight
[html]

I been all night drivin' heifers

Closer in to lower ground

Then I spent the mornin' thinkin'

'Bout the ones the wolves pulled down

Word Count → 292 :: Aw, it's okay! I just want to make sure I don't keep you waiting for your joining thread. Smile

The wolf luperci seemed to struggle with his words a bit; he took some time to carefully gather his thoughts about what he was going to say, or so the cowboy could only guess. He was a humble tellurian, a creature of the earth, not some divine power who could read thoughts. But in these pauses he was reminded mostly of himself and his own trouble with words. It was growing easier to talk and be sociable, but when it was just he and Dixie-May—well, she’d taken care of any and all of the talking.

Tamhas spoke at last about the length of his journey and what he was—or wasn’t—really looking out for. It sounded familiar to Wayne, and he ran his hand along his horse’s neck again in memory. How many steps had Gypsy taken on their travels? It had seemed pointless to him, as he’d only wanted to protect the girl he cared so much about, but the journey meant nothing until they helped found Casa di Cavalieri.

The male finally stopped, looking at him, and the Labrador mongrel let his squared-off face soften into a smile. “You sound a bit like who I used t’ be,” he remarked, and whether this was wholly true or not, he wouldn’t take the statement back. “D’ya think you could use a family? A pack?” He straightened slightly on the horse again, though it was good posture out of pride rather than the suspicious stiffness from before. “Easier ’n travellin’ and needin’ to hunt for yourself all the time, if you can earn your keep.” His smile broadened slightly, but then he shrugged. “Though I know that kinda life ain’t for everyone, and there’re a lot of packs besides Casa.”

Wayne by Nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
.waywolf-box {float:right;}
.waywolf .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.waywolf {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.waywolf p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.waywolf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.waywolf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.waywolf p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.waywolf b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread