Another way of caring
She could only count her blessings that the cares of a pack did not weigh on her mind. Caprica had no call to power, preferring loyalty to a home that provided everything she could ever wish for - and a little spice and danger into the bargain. This woman before her - in other ways so eminently privileged: beautiful, elegant and svelte - had the unenviable position of juggling leadership and her own personal life, and perhaps that went some way to explaining the fact that Caprica barely recognised her own aunt.

The little girl she had once been had grown to epic proportions, leaving behind many memories of puppyhood events as more came to fill the gaps. She had been brought by Ehno to visit Crimson Dreams, but even his face, from those times, was vague. She had been barely able to talk. Children, however, are much better at listening than speaking anyway.

"Savina…" she breathed, as the name came back to her in a rush. "Savina Marino. I … I think I remember you now." Not the face, as such. But perhaps the scent, perhaps the voice. "How have you been?" She felt awkward, talking to her older relative as an equal, remembering her only as a towering and elusive grown-up presence.

Messages In This Thread