Over the misty mountains cold.
[html]Easy mistake to make. xD

Luckily, the lady had not hurt Frodo with her question like she might have hoped not to. He was used to being asked out his voice and generally odd way of speaking. In fact, he could not think of anyone who had not either questioned why he talked the way he did, or had been too polite to say anything. He could tell when they thought him odd. And so he preferred it when they spoke their mind, and asked him, rather than just ignoring the fact he spoke in a different way. Somehow, it made Frodo feel more like he was part of something; that he belonged. He could explain himself, and that would be that.

The young man chuckled at her words, though perhaps that had been an old wound to open up at the talk of pirates. Technically, he'd spent most of his life on the sea as a mere cabin boy. He'd just swabbed the decks and whatnot, and brushed up and cleaned. And the painful thing was, he'd been forced to do it against his will. And whenever he refused to oblige...no. A shiver ran up his spine at this thought, and he demanded it of himself not to think of what had happened. He had buried memories down deep, and that would be that. For as long as he could contain them.

And so Frodo merely shrugged; S'been badgerin' fun, while it lasted. he grinned. And he added mentally; the fun still lasted. He was having a good time. A little lonely, but, none the less, content. An' now you've asked me 'bout stuff, s'only fair I progress my gift of gab to yer own waggin' tongue. he grinned, basically telling her they would exchange knowledge for knowledge. He was perched upright now, but at this he crouched down, and then finally sat cross-legged on the floor, opposite the female. He was a small lad, and so was definitely eye to eye with her by now, even despite their changed forms. Where're yer from, french toast?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread