[M] Assassin in the shadows
[html]

This stranger was interesting in the way of mystery, her ears perking every once and a while to catch his words. Her reddish eyes also kept turning back to her trainer, carefully studying the golden woman's expressions and reactions. She didn't seem overly happy about Thanatos knowing about her assassin ways, the small coydog blinking surprised at the entire thing. In a way the girl was cloaked with envy. Here was two souls with something going on in their lives, something to be proud of and take extreme skill in the things they participated in. Wait. Selene was a fool. She was trying for Hadley! So that was a thing to be proud of. So her mind quieted on those prospectives. She would head back to him a better woman. But if he didn't want her, what would she do? Throwing herself at another man would be wrong. Even if they were as gentle as he. Like Fritz. Those thoughts were almost forbidden, how can she consider another man when so irrevocably caring for another? It was wrong. The slender coydog leaned back politely against the tree, hands gently fiddling with the jeweled bangles about her thin wrists. Being uninterested in their speaking surely was horrible, trying to listen the best she could to whatever level of interest. Should she head back to the wagon with Raoth? In the presence of such powerful beings made it a large anxiety fest for the small canine.

It seemed as if the attention of the dusky man had turned her way, a surprised expression gracing her features. Amy had the spotlight before. Had she taken it over? Thanatos remarked on her status as an heiress, simply Selene shook her head. "Well...Not exactly. I-I just found out not too long ago..." A month or two ago, remembering the conversation with Amy all about it. Sel hated her stuttering, a clear display of her lack of confidence. Shaking her head, Selene quietly murmured "And I'm not lovely...I don't think I was born that way." Why had her family been so beautiful? Recollecting on the broad powerful chest of her father, his long German Shepard fur and powerful frame. He was certainly always an attractive man. And her mother, so slender and seductive a pure coyote. Everyone was beautiful, a shining light from the stars above. But her. The child of tears and mud, just to herself she was hideous. There was Ismeme, who she knew that someday, she could lose her beloved to. The woman was stunning! 

Her body stiffened slightly as his warm hands grasped around her arm in a gentle gesture, eyes were apologetic. "I-I'm sorry...I'm just--Not used to this." The Barino princess could tell that he was studying her scars, seeing their fabrication of her own hand. They were her reminders, each slip of the blade upon her arms the messages of both her failure and lack of beauty in the world, how she had lost with Isa. The young woman didn't even know that Hadley would want her back. As Thanatos remarked on them, asking soothingly about why she had done that, and she couldn't say anything for a movement. His hands could easily wrap around her stick-like arms at least twice, looking to her feet for a moment. "Sometimes grief has its own ways of sorting itself out." There was still blood on his muzzle, and the young woman grew dizzy from the extent of it all. It had been a little while since a meal, and the first few nights had been sleepless. Glancing worriedly to Amy, Selene placed a hand upon her head. Darkness swam before her eyes, and the girl tottered slightly. She broke away from his grasp, gently. The pitiful heiress slumped on the ground, head rested on her knees, eyes closed. Finally as it passed, the girl glanced to them both. This display was certainly embarrassing. "I'm sorry..."  

Selene is an ass...

<style type="text/css">
.selstars b {font-weight:bold; color:#eee2e3; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.selstars .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.selstars p {text-indent:0px; padding:2px 15px}
.selstars {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#32631c; background-image:url(http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z35 ... 684209.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fff; padding:340px 0px 3px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px;  letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread