Listen to Your Elders
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Terra blinked in surprise as the scent of a pup reached her. It couldn't be Skoll. Skoll wasn't a pup anymore, or at least not much of one. Craning her head Terra tried to see what was out there. A white ball of fur bounced into the room, Terra's tail wagging happily at the company. It was someone new, the scent of the pack not yet thick on her fur. The introduction was a rather curious one, but Terra laughed happily, pleased with the new source of entertainment. I'm Terra.

The pup's full attention was glued to her hind leg. Of course the broken limb would be what attracted the pup the most. It seemed she was a bundle of energy, and exceedingly curious. The questions came out in a flurry, the pup bounding to the bed. As soon as she was in reach Terra reached down, tugging the pup up beside her. Standing shakily on the bed Terra sniffed the pup over, just as curious about her as she was about Terra. A faint scent of cat was on the pelt, bringing forth images of the adventures the pup must have had.

Settling back down Terra looked over. Yes, it was a huge battle. I almost lost my life. Terra lifted her head, taking on the pose of a tragic hero. I had just managed to find a wonderful moose, enough meat on it to feed the entire pack. With the moose down I set about the work of dragging it home, when a cougar, jealous of my kill, came. Terra turned, green eyes blazing with the story. It attacked me, battling for the kill. I fought as hard as I could, knowing the pack was depending on me for food. It picked me up, throwing me across the forest.

The intensity of the story had Terra caught up. For a moment she was back there, reliving the fear and pain. I darted up, doing my best to defend. It clawed me right across the shoulder, but I sank my teeth into it's stomach, tearing it open. Terra's tail twitched wildly, feeling herself with the need to move, to defend, to react. The memory had her completely swallowed now. I wouldn't give up though. I needed to survive, to go on. Desperately I sank my teeth in again, tearing even deeper. Trying to get me out, the teeth sank into my leg, breaking the bone. Not exactly how it happened, but close enough.

I wasn't one to give in though. With my grip firm I yanked, tearing out it's innards. The cougar tottered back, letting loose a ferocious yowl, swiping at my side before it finally collapsed, dead. Full of the triumph of the kill Terra stood up again, only to find herself falling back over when she put too much weight on her hind leg. Biting the yelp back she turned to Kace, tail wagging.

Table Template by the Mentors!

<style>
.greenleaf p {padding:2px 0px;margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.greenleaf .ooc {font-style:italic; font size:11px; color:#207E06;}
.greenleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#207E06; letter-spacing-1px; text-shadow:#339900 0px 0px 5px;}
.greenleaf {background-color:#C0E07F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... eaf4-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;

font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2A9604; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:481px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #2A9604;}
.greenleaf .inner {margin:290px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border:none;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread