Listen to Your Elders
[html]

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k63 ... lf-2-1.jpg) #191970 no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 10px 10px 10px; color:#ddd; border: 4px double #000;">

Kace Grey
OOC Text -
Word Count - 339.

The young pup still only listened in awe, her neverending questions now far from her thoughts. Enraptured in the story, Kace's mind only saw the creativity of the coyote. Of course, she understood how some would be upset. Given the choice at her birth, had she known, she'd had never taken her blindingly white fur. It was a hazard to her, not only attracting predators but alerting her prey she was near.

Kace's mind tumbled this story over. To her, the difference of creatures were magnificent. Her father had always taught her that they were all special, not just the canines of the world. The birds flew; they grew to be powerful allies for the more civilized wolves. Predators, like the cougar, lynx, and bobcats, kept competition for the canines, and often when populations of a particular species got too out of hand, the carnivores took great pride in feasting. If wolves were patient, they could learn hunting techniques from great cats. How to sneak, stalk, prowl, and pounce; Kace had witnessed Jeera do all of those. The same with the smaller animals such as rabbits, chipmunks, voles, and squirrels. They taught Kace how to hide and be defensive. And in listening to this story, the young pup had a realization. As a wolf she was given liberties to both, being the hunter and the hunted. That freedom would allow her, when she was older, she knew, to be whatever she wanted to be.

Hey...that means coyotes made every body different. But why would some be mad? Kace absentmindedly relieved an itch behind her left ear, thinking. I like it! But I ain't gonna eat whatever that coyote fixed, I like being a wolf! Are you happy being a coyote? You're the first one I've ever met. And hey I'm hungry! Can we go find food? Kace jumped to the bed and wrapped her little mouth around one of Terra's front paws, tugging at it. Or should I get someone to bring ya something? Don't want your foot hurting!

Love is my strength, passion is my weapon, faith is my shield, and trust is my companion.

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread