eclipse.
The minute Fayne finished explaining herself the demeanor of the threatening female changed. A sigh of relief escaped her lips, her posture relaxed back to her regular proud stance. Her head held high and ears relaxed on top of her skull. She wasn't one to cause trouble and usually avoided other wolves all together except those in her family. Though, it seemed she wasn't out of the woods yet. The stranger eyed her suspiciously. The misunderstanding had caused a rift, now Fayne would have to earn the trust of this wolf. She jerked her head bad subtly and stared back at the blonde Optime with incredulity, it was an accident after all. The dainty wolf raised an eyebrow at the girl's explanation. Those kittens were not her children, but to be trained as hunting companions. The wolf promptly corrected her. She seemed to be a bit touchy on the subject of the two kits. Fayne chuckled softly at her reaction and her own poor judgement of the situation. Of course they weren't her children, why would she ever think something so strange? This idea was rather smart and Fayne respected her for it, she would have never thought of something so clever. She had always been a poor hunter and only recently could catch a decent meal on her own.

"Oh! Well, that makes a whole lot more sense....very smart as well. Wish I had thought of that." She giggled. Children, what was I thinking? Her grey face was glowing with kindness and admiration. Her eyes diverted back to the brown wolf that had joined them with a lifeless fawn dangling from his jaws. Fayne's stomach gave a small rumble at the sight and her mouth involuntarily started watering. She had to swallow a few times to control her salivary reflexes. The two appeared to already have met, probably in the forest before Fayne had stumbled upon the those kittens. His name was Hadley. He was a timid and kind being it seemed. She nodded at him throwing a polite smile in his direction hoping he would relax a little bit. The female retrieved the deer and graciously offered some to the two of them using a knife to cut off two even slices. Man made items were still foreign to her and she thought it strange to use anything other than your own teeth and claws to kill and eat prey. She tossed the thought aside knowing she would have to get used to it. The world was a different place now.

Fayne's eyes widened as she chucked the piece of meet at her. Oh thank you. I'm starved. She looked up at the stranger thankfully. What a kind gesture form a complete stranger who just a moment ago was red with rage. Fayne had forgotten to speak her name when she was explaining herself, how silly of her. She gave a genuine smile and responded her tail wagging behind her happily. You can call me Fayne. I really am sorry for our misunderstanding. I'm at a loss for words when it comes to your name as well. But I'm glad to see that you've calmed down. I thought you were going to kill me!" She laughed briskly, sitting her rump down on the beach, curling her bushy tail around her. She placed a paw on the slab of meet and tore a chunk off as she waited for responses from the two. It was delicious, she was incredibly grateful for the free meal. It would have been a pain in her ass if she had to hunt her own meal. Though, she did need to hone her hunting skill which weren't the best.

Messages In This Thread