When you got it, flaunt it
He chuckled as she pressed him back, yet he went willingly. They spent their time together, reacquainting themselves with each other, and with their mutual hungers. After both mates were sated, he held her close, stroking her tussled mane gently. They hadn't been overly rough this time, which eased his mind. He had actually felt guilty about hurting her that time in the hot springs. He kissed her gently, resuming his earlier activity of running his thumb down her nose. Something about it stirred a vague and distant memory of a scent and a voice, a distant and blurred shadow that had been a comfort to him.

He spoke softly, not quite realizing he was speaking at all. "Sometimes I think how different things would have been if Azza hadn't killed Liadain and my mom. I don't even know what my mom looked like. I remember her scent though, a rich smell of grass and sunshine and mothers milk. And her voice, too. She had a soft voice, but a rich one. It was deep and musical... she spoke our names with so much love, even Taliesin's. And once, Azza's too." He fell silent, an ache in his chest that he couldn't name, he couldn't define.

Messages In This Thread