steam rising from the gravel on the road
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... sts/t4.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

With, strangely, a limited knowledge of the sea and all the creatures that lived in it, she could only wonder what the dark-furred wolf really meant when she described the treasures she had harvested from the sandy seafloor. Something told her it wasn’t fish, and she was just guessing either crab or lobster when the stranger mentioned them being entertaining to cook up. A slightly dark grin spread across Nikita’s features as she knew that it was probably the latter — she had heard stories of lobsters and how they would yelp and howl when you put them into boiling water.

Her mind was already wandering down the path of wondering how well Jasper could throw together some lobster stew (if he was well enough to cook at all, that was), when manners seemed to dawn on the wolf. Nikita chuckled at her introduction, taking her hand and shaking it. “It’s very nice to meet you, Poe,” the coyote said, using the last name stated because they were, of course, on land. If they ever got out to sea, though, she’d have to remember to call her Cap’n Bootypants of the high seas. “I’m Nikita Eirisa, a member of a little group settled at Esper’s Hollow not too far from here.” She retrieved her hand, slipping her instrument to where it safely rested against the rock and freed her to stand — therefore she did so. She stretched lightly, speaking as she did so, “I decided to get out and see the sea today, and thought I might as well take my music with me.” Hey, a cello might not be as convenient to carry around as an iPod, but it was pretty effective nonetheless!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread