I'm so scared of the light
[html]

Only once had Salvia seen Freetown for what it was, and she had found the hustle and bustle of the place exciting if tiresome. She belonged here—in this wild kingdom of the North where the only law was that of tooth and claw. They believed in honor, in self control, in secrets. This was what made them stronger than the rest of these so-called wolves, who had turned self domesticated or even gone back to the weak and useless forms of their past. To deny a clear evolutionary step was foolish to her. The cold hand of science was one that Salvia wielded, and it fell at odds with her fire-driven, savage nature.

Green eyes flashed at the mention of her size, thinking suddenly of the way Sirius had looked at her. It was a terrible thought to believe she might have become a woman and unintentionally broken some unspoken vow. It was something she saw in her body, in the swell of her chest and curve of her hips. With TK’s assistance, she was able to keep her hair longer than it had been—though the sling held it up right now and hid this fact.

The Arbiter smiled in a way that did not meet her eyes. “No, no longer. Sirius has seen fit to name me Arbiter—I now serve alongside father. The care of the livestock has become mine as well.” She was obviously proud of this, though her vision now sought the higher titles once held by a cousin shamed by deceit. There was a tactical way in her speaking, using these near-formal tones. The barn loomed ahead, half-hidden in the trees. She was proud of its expansion, and looked to Pandemic expectantly for his approval.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread