Mutation
Fayne's attention was rapt as he spoke. It wasn't the best way of telling a story, told more in a matter of fact manner than a true storyteller would have done. The facts were presented in the way it had happened, the lives lost recorded along with how victory had been bought. She seemed enthusiastic despite this flaw though, and his tail wagged lightly. It was a good story, and Tharin hoped to be able to fight as well as that someday. The laughter at the end seemed a bit strange for the tale, with so many deaths. The fact that there had been food at the end was fact as well, turning the enemy into something to strengthen the pack instead of weaken it.

He nodded his head at her words. I don't think I could follow an alpha that wasn't as strong as my old ones were. He would be forced to challenge and question everything if they weren't, a very troublesome situation for him. Tharin was sure to be sent from the pack if he did such a thing. Fayne leaned into him, Tharin drinking in the warmth of company that he'd been starved from for so long. I've been in a fair share of battles. I fought with some bears, a couple cats. He hadn't always been successful either. His eyes darkened at the memory of the battle that cost Akira her life.

Messages In This Thread