Mutation
Fayne nodded in agreement at Tharin's statement. Her past alphas had been cowardly weak creatures. She had no respect for cowards. These days her self-respect had been diminished for she had been cowardly ever since she stepped food in this new land. Avoiding all contact from Luperci and avoiding her own Optime for, scared of what she may become. But, she kept telling herself to stay strong and that sometime soon she would defeat this fear. Fayne kept her gaze on Tharin as he recalled his past battles. When he finished she noticed the subtle sadness in his eyes, her own eyes mimicked his. Her brows furrowing downward to create a discontent look on her dark face. Whatever he was thinking, she knew it was best not to pester him about it. Fayne knew better than anyone that memories could be a dangerous thing. They have a way of playing with your emotions and can easily open up old scars in an instance. A sudden rustling was audible nearby. Her ears automatically swiveled in that direction, her head whipping around to look as well. Her nose wriggled in front of her as she sniffed out what the ruckus was.

A long tailed shrew was burrowing in the soil nearby. Fayne quickly turned back to her new companion with a fiery determination in her eyes. "Wait here for a minute. The silver pelted fae stood and crouched low keenly on the focusing small rodent. In order to cheer Tharin up she would catch it. If she could that was. She crept slowly towards it keeping her body low, her eyes wide, and her ears pointed. When she was less that six feet away she darted at it, and not thinking twice, pounced playfully on top of it using both of her front paws to squish it. She hadn't really thought about the attack, but her awkward pounce had instantly killed the tiny creature. Fayne gave an enthusiastic yelp happy that she had been able to catch the creature...even if it was tiny and would barely fill her or Tharin up. Lucky!! She gently picked the creature up with her jaws and proudly trotted over to Tharin dropping it at his feet. She grinned widely at him, her tail spun like a rudder behind her with excitement. "For you! To be honest, I usually can't hunt if my life depended on it. But, I guess today was my lucky day." She gave a small happy giggle and nosed the shrew closer to Tharin.

Messages In This Thread