One False Move
Dara looked at her daggers and frowned. I though I just sharpened these, but oh well. If you would like you could use my whetstone as well, she said with slight disappointment in her voice. It was in her own ignorance that she forgot to sharpen them, and her disappointment was in herself. "But, I would like to learn with both if you would. I would love to learn to use a staff some." There was an excitement in her voice that showed her youth.

She gently took the wooden staff and adjusted her grip from the weight of it. It was heavy but nothing she couldn't handle after being taught a little. She noticed his bow and thought nothing of it. Sal used to make her do the same. He would bow first and then she would have to before they could start training. It wasn't unusual for her. She bowed back slightly falling forward from the weight of the staff.

Dara watched his graceful move with his dagger and envied the skill he had. She wanted to know how to do that. She wanted that skill, strength, power, and grace. "Please, Aylu, teach me to use my daggers that well. Take me as an apprentice if that is what it takes. I want to learn that," Dara said. Her voice had a deadly seriousness to it. She wasn't kidding in offering dedication if he would agree to teach her.

Messages In This Thread