maybe she doesn't deserve him
Tears dripped unforgivably down the small hybrid's face, standing before the one she had promised herself to. Deep within she longed to reach out, to hold him close. But that wasn't possible. Especially now. Why was this happening? She didn't understand why Hadley would do this...After everything that had happened, the rapes, the beatings, the horror and corruption. Another to add to that long list of failures and fractures, however much she wanted that list to be torn to billions of shards of nothing. She had thought they would have made it. Become mates, have a comfortable and happy life together. But no, Ismeme had come along...And proved to her alter that she was much better. And taken it all away.

She bit the side of her mouth as his words flowed out, calling her beautiful and what he had wanted. Why couldn't he have just walked away? Made it less painful for the both of them? What would she do without him? Likely die. There was nothing. She shook her head as he said she would find someone else, breaking down inside once again. Her throat was tight and her stomach in a tight knot. This wasn't happening. It couldn't be. This was all fake, an illusion of reality. A nightmare. She would wake up and everything would be a ruse, safe and sound in the bed beside Hadley. She regretted throwing the necklace from her body, throwing away her only reminder of him. Either way unfortunately, it was a message of what she had lost. And a reminder of what she had. He asked her not to forget him, and that was it.  As he began to leave, she caught up and stood in his path for a better goodbye.

She threw herself into his arms one last time, squeezing her eyes shut, body convulsing with the sobs that shattered her tiny frame. "I won't...Don't f-forget m-me...It's a promise." Red eyes were dead, dull. Like being blind, but the horrors still set out for her to witness firsthand. She hated Isa. She hated the world. The one thing. The only thing that had kept her safe, warm and happy. Was as cold and distant as the moon she was named from. "I love you...I don't think--That's wrong...Just don't--Don't forget me..." Gently, she pulled herself from him, trembling. "Bye Hadley...Until we meet again...If we do." Head down, fears falling, the girl strode back into the trees. Her soul had been taken and devoured by the vile grey woman, she'd want to see him in the future...But not when the wounds were too deep and fresh. When she has a new life, when she could look him in the eye and not break down. 

Messages In This Thread