Of Bulls and Bears
[html]

Zalen Damaichu

Word Count → 487 :: This thread is not mandatory. Please allow Titania, then Ciara and Augustus to reply first. Once the hunt is under way, a loner, Ezra, will join the pack; do not chase him off, even though he is trespassing, just accept him into the excitement of the hunt. This is will no longer be happening Smile

It seemed spring had finally arrived, and in the early morning hours the mayflies and moths were dancing in the warming mist. Zalen had been up early, exploring more north than he had before. New Dawn’s numbers were growing, and therefore, the territory needed to be expanded. Though he had marked a large area when he had first claimed the territory, it seemed that most of the members stayed near the den site or coast-line, and would not wander into the deep forests of the northern regions. That had to change now, and what Zalen had planned for today would surely encourage the others to stretch their legs and explore.

After the sun had broken free of the line of the horizon, Zalen lifted his maw and let forth a loud call, summoning the Epsilons to him, as well as his mate. Then, after that call faded, he called again, this time an invitation to any and all who would like to join the hunt.

He was in his two legged form this morning, and as those who had answered his call emerge he nodded to each of them in turn, giving a smile and a wag of his tail. After sufficient time had passed, and he believed all that would come had done so, he spoke, Good morning brothers and sisters, I have gathered you together for several reasons. The first is to congratulate Shadowfang and Insomnia, as well as Ciara and Augustus, who have bonded for life and made our pack stronger because of it. He smiled at each couple in turn, The second reason is, as I’m sure you’ve all heard by now, that our once pack-sister, Blind, was killed by a bear. We would have never learned this information had our brother Cerberus not returned to us, The Alpha lowered his eyes for a moment, But let us not despair, for her spirit is surely running throughout the stars now.

Then, moving a bit forward and straightening into a less relaxed position, Our Epsilons killed a dangerous cougar not too long ago. Now it seems our territory is once more threatened, this time by bears. I have requested your presence so that a party can be made to go into the deep forests and swamps of the north, and chase out these creatures. I do ask that spilling blood be avoided unless necessary; we must respect the other predators of this land, despite their transgressions.

Then relaxing, Zalen turned his olive eyes onto Titania, When you are finished, return to the den site and report to us. Your Alpha’s will not be joining you in the hunt today, instead, follow the lead of your Epsilons. Take this as a chance to bond with your pack mates and establish a hierarchy. He smiled then, and waited to see what Titania would have to say, and what plan Ciara and Augustus would come up with.

<style>
.Zalensanta-box {background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _scopy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:316px; height:630px; float:left; margin:3px; }
.Zalensanta {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.Zalensanta p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:georgia, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.Zalensanta p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.Zalensanta .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.Zalensanta p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.Zalensanta b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.Zalensanta b:before {content: open-quote;}
.Zalensanta b:after {content: close-quote;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread