Colors and promises
[html]
Sure :] Let's say the 27th, then

She had certainly learned her lesson about fires at night, but had thought that her own small circle of flames was better hidden due to the branches of the tree. She hadn't realized that the hole she'd made in the branches would reveal her fire as well, not just allow for smoke to escape. Wretch had only sought to dry herself off a bit and get warm before she'd put her cloak back on and lay down to sleep on the cushion of moss and dead leaves below her. She'd put it out, then. The silver canine was a small hybrid without much fat on her to keep her warm during nights like these. Drops of rain slid down the long branches of the tree, absorbing into the soggy ground as soon as they touched it. She watched this in silence, holding her frozen hands out to the fire.

Rustling outside of the tree branches brought her out of her reverie. She reached quickly for the knife that she kept strapped to her side. Wretch had grown up quite a bit since her days in Ichika. She'd found that she had a very strong fight or flight instinct when it came to unknown canines disrupting her. She'd chosen to light this fire, raising the chance that someone would come along and disturb her. Other canines were not always friendly, even when they spoke friendly words...so she was naturally wary of anyone that she came across. She was never too worried about being harmed, though, as she was a swift runner and only carried a few essential items on her at all times. Wretch pulled her pack up from the ground, shoving her cloak into it and halfway-standing up beneath the branches. She'd be ready to run in case the other chose to come in with a blade.

Another skill that she'd honed was her ability to climb. With her light frame, she'd found herself adept at climbing. In the city, she'd gone from rooftop to rooftop when the buildings were close enough together, and in the forest she often climbed trees to evade those who wished to harm her. The creature that she'd heard outside of the branches stuck his head inside and spoke, and she glared back at him. Her coat puffed up in defense, making her appear slightly larger. She held her knife in one hand, her other on the trunk of the tree. He smelled unfamiliar to her, a scent she hadn't come across many times in the past. Wretch didn't answer after his first words, trying to see if he was going to make a move toward her.

When he mentioned keeping watch for her, she snorted incredulously. Like he would keep watch. More than likely, he'd wait for her to fall asleep and kill her then. Or worse. F-First you imply that I am a fool for having a fire...then you think I would believe that you wish to guard me? W-What gain would that bring you? Her hands were cold, and shook slightly around the blade. "You'd just kill me the second I closed my eyes. I ought to just run off right now, be on my way. I'm warm enough." Her words were untrue, however - a trained eye would be able to see how she shivered.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#475a35; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread