the country's calling and that's where i'm going
No more than 1-2, please (and random lyrics there are from this amazing song).
[html]
One way to escape the summery heat, Laurel discovered, was to wander deep into the depths of the forests that surrounded Esper Hollow. On this particular day he had followed a small creekbed northwest out of the campsite and simply wandered as though he were oblivious to the rest of the world around him. But maybe that was what being happy did for a person, although one could probably argue that Laurel was seemingly oblivious and carefree most of the time. He lived without regret and for the most part, neglected his guilty conscience when it tried to speak up. The longer he had managed to live that way, the easier it had become and the easier it had ultimately become to say goodbye to friends over the years.

Up in the trees around him, everything hustled and bustled with life. Even back at the campsite there was already chatter going from the moment the sun had risen to when it set and they had been like busy bodies working to put things together. Though he had his moments when he liked a good chunk of solitude, it was nice to be apart of something again. He may have been a coyote and he may have possessed intelligence like his peers, but it was the craving for social interaction that drew him back to bonding with faces. With his pant legs rolled up, he barely waded in the water, walking idly against its current while the sun beat down on his back as he continued to hum an idle tune.

“And maybe I'm dumb for making you smile, I don't know, but I will in a while,” began his eventual singing, “we pass the graveyard and held our breath; we better kiss if we're gettin’ closer to death.” There was really no telling just where on earth he had picked up such an interesting song and truthfully, he couldn't remember any more; what he did remember was the way the song sounded on the piano.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread