spring brings out the birds
[html]

Word Count :: 605 I know what you mean. It happened to me all the time when i had the ability to be more active. Also I am planning on Valkyrie getting more birds pretty soon so if you would like, we could thread and get Alma's first bird for her :3 (after this thread of course)

Bright gamboge eyes, one with a huge scar across it, turned from his meal to look back at the golden coyote. He cooed lightly, wondering why she was looking at him like that. He couldn't tell if her intentions were bad or not because Valkyrie seemed so comfortable about the woman. His feathers ruffled nervously as he tried to ignore the woman and he returned to his meal. If both of his eyes worked, then he probably would have been able to watch her from his peripheral vision, but the woman was on the side where the scar had crossed his eye. Valkyrie was not around when the scar was made, for she had left her friend with the group that had given him to her as an egg. It was her mistake to leave him behind though because of the things that they made him do. Hextor had told the woman the story of his ventures when he was sent to her to announce the coming of her friends to visit. Valkyrie never really forgave them for Hextor's fight that he shouldn't have had to fight but she was glad that they did not let Hextor die.

Alma spoke of having eggs, and she got slightly excited, but then Alma broke the news that they had died and stunk her cave up. Valkyrie frowned lightly. When they arr eggs, ya' have ta' keep uh really close eye on dhem. I 'member when Hextor was uh egg, we had shifts watchin' an carin' fer 'em. I did most o' the work, tho'. she spoke and nodded her head to the woman before she reached over and touched Hextor. He snapped up and was about to peck at Valkyrie before he realized it was her, so he didn't and he cooed a 'sorry' to the woman. Valkyrie listened as the woman continued to speak about how she didn't know how to care for adult birds. She also offered up some information about Ithiel and his vulture. Valkyrie silently stored the information for later and she nodded her head. Depends on the type o' bird ya' get. They eat meat, but some like some meats over others. Meh owls like mostly fish an' rats, while there arr other birds who like bigger things, like cats an' 'coons. spoke the woman, trying to think of the basics of bird training. Valkyrie had an easier time because she was able to communicate with the birds on their level, so training was more like bargaining for her. Once upon a time she didn't know the language of birds all that well, and Hextor was the one who helped her with that, so she had some bird training skills without being able to understand them, but she would have to think back to those times really hard.

Valkyrie was told that Alma did not know how to train birds, and Valkyrie watched the woman get up and then she was asked a question, with a soft thumping of the woman's tail. Valkyrie chuckled lightly and she nodded her head without deep thought about what she was getting herself into. If Valkyrie knew that the woman was going to use them for attacking luperci, Valkyrie probably would be less than excited about teaching her falconry. In fact, Valkyrie might have refused to do so, if only because she did not want to see anyone be hurt in the process. Sure, I'll teach ya'. We gotta git ya' uh bird to practice with tho'. the woman spoke to her with a smile on her face.

image by J; code by the Mentors!

<style>
.valk-withme { background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... withme.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#876826; width:474px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; color:#000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.valk-withme b {color:#db973f; }
.valk-withme p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.valk-withme p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread