I'm Not One of Them
[html]
WC: x

Tharin seemed confused about Luperci, and it reminded Shandom of himself. He may have lived with the virus in his body for many years, but the alabaster male rarely visited his bi-pedal shape. It was strange, uncomfortable, and downright unnatural: he would not be willing to ever conform to the style of life so many of the wolves around here chose to adopt. And how could they have adopted such a strange one? Every fiber of his body felt that it was wrong, and the Gamma sometimes felt impure with the virus tainting his exalted lineage. The white male wondered if his brother, Odin, had the virus now, and if it spread to the rest of Etienne. Picturing the storied pack adopting a lifestyle like the ones in the Court was just strange.

That's what I'm talking about, yes, Shandom nodded, responding to his question. You're lucky you're not on two legs, and don't have..have the virus. I don't look down on those who have it, and make use of it, but I find it more of a curse than a blessing. It's why I went to New Dawn. Such a.... such a way of living goes against what we are. The Alphas, Zalen and Titania, have structure our pack in the traditional way. There are many luperci - two leggers, that is - who choose to live on four legs, and there are equally many non-luperci - wolves with the inability to shift. It's... He trailed off for a moment, searching for the right words. He always struggled with describing New Dawn! It's nice. It's exactly what I wanted. I wasn't born a shifter - I was changed when I was very sick, and it was done, I suppose, for medical purposes. But I don't like to live like that. Suddenly, Shandom realized he was babbling, and he shook his large head and laughed. I apologize. I tend to talk a lot.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb02-box {width:239px;height:244px;float:right;}
.freebfeb02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#be6232; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.havendaddi01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#514739; text-align:center;}
.freebfeb02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebfeb02 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/0s2wh.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7d8890; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7d8890; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread