got what she payed for
[html]

Big Grin

Word Count » 521

my road to hell is surely paved

Sel decided she could trust the man wholeheartedly now, after being given such nice food at that time. The coydog was drawn to his company, these other within from the soft and polite voice that carried to her. There was a lot of sick and cruel people in the world, and Reykr was not one of them. Her head whipped up as a sound, like something walking around caught to her large ears. It amazed her to see an elk, so graceful yet wary of her nearby. "Wow." Was all she could muster, a hushed fascinated whisper. She knew by the way the creature hung around the man with the yellowy eyes, that they had some sort of companionship. No threatening moves were pulled by the slim woman, not expecting to get to fondle its ears or anything, simply the fear of frightening it away. Her head remained slightly downward, not proud to have shown the scars that marred her arms. They weren't for bragging rights. None of that. But like a drug, one that wouldn't have her dazed and disoriented. Just something that would clarify her realities. That would show her what a screwed-up mess she had gotten herself into, that physical pain would keep away the stuff that had shattered her within.

Maroon eyes lifted curiously from long dark lashes, afraid of his words for a moment. How was she beautiful? How was that possible? Not beautiful enough for Hadley though. Came the angst chime replying, yet never would she mention that aloud to Rey. "I don't know about that." Sel mentioned quietly, stirring up the ground slightly with a dark foot. "But thanks, I mean--It's been a long time since someone's been nice to me." Apparently she was a traitor from leaving Casa, a misfit. Someone not quite suited to the ways of the world. Someone who couldn't do anything on her own. It was time to become a little more independent. But that, of course depended solely on if she could keep herself alive.

The dainty hybrid continued to idly pick the feathers from the bird, vaguely and absentmindedly wondering what kind of bird it was A chicken? A grouse? Who knew, she guessed it only mattered if she was getting to have it for a nice meal. And in that case, Selene was. For repayment, she was thinking of taking him food some time. To make up for the less he got for himself. But before she could say anything, he mentioned that all was well. That he was fine, that having a woman pay for something was wrong. "Alright." The girl hated to make herself sound like she would sell herself, as that was truly immoral. Like something Ismeme would do, in her mind. "Welllll...Maybe I can bring you food, or something someday. I mean, as thanks." A small smile graced her thin features, replying to the soft one as she met the sweet corn eyes. "That'd be cool if I can see you after this...You'd make a very valuable friend."

<style>
.sel-road2hell {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px;  word-spacing:2px;  text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.sel-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.sel-road2hell .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.sel-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sel-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.sel-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.sel-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.sel-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.sel-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sel-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread