Each shade of blue is kept in our eyes
I bet they sparkle!
[html]
[/html] When he claimed that she was selfish, she just conceded with a nod. It was true and it was something she had admitted to herself so long ago. She had brought in these strangers under the guise of rescuing the slaves, had grown to care for the cause, but had brought no justice to those horrible Salsolan lands. She had no problem admitting to her faults.

“Yes, I know,” she replied calmly. As much as Anatole was pointing out a simple truth, she was accepting it for what it was. She trusted Anatole not only as the son of her sister, but also because of who he was: he was complex and simple and so many romantic metaphors wrapped up in fur.

“If you had been here, then, you would have joined you. I wouldn’t have let you so much as you would have just joined me in my crusade. But I’m glad you didn’t, even if it is for selfish reasons.” She paused and then shook her head. “It was in vain. We didn’t help anyone and they just killed one of their slaves to spite us—so that she would never be free.” She was glad Anatole hadn’t been there to witness that. He wasn’t innocent, but knowing that could break a wolf—even the strongest.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread