underwater
[html]

this is cruddy, but i wanted to get something up

The Optio’s ear twitched, and she frowned at the other’s breathy question. Fight, she replied flatly, reclining on her haunches. It was what any of the other Lykois would have answered; Ezekiel’s voice stood out in her mind. But she knew that offering the suggestion so lightly was folly; she wasn’t as naïve at that. There were plenty of reasons that fighting wouldn’t work, although that was what Inferni would be forced to do in the end.

It’s up to us to make sure they don’t get as far as they did, Vesper added, her tone more concrete. She was at the head of the scouting tier now, and she knew that the duty would fall on the shoulders of her students as well as the more experienced patrollers. Patrols will be increased, of course. We might need warriors to accompany some of the younger scouts. I know I can ask help from the ravens; one of them is my companion now. She ended at that, not needing to belabor the point; Zana was more experienced than she was and would know what was needed.

They won’t catch us off guard again, the tawny coywolf ended tensely, but there was something vulnerable and young in her cornflower blue eyes. In reality, she needed reassurance that what she said was true—but she’d never ask it of her clan. The Aquila had entrusted her to this position, and she had to be strong.

<style type="text/css">
.btqaven b {font-weight:bold; color:#49484b; font-family:courier; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px; text-shadow:#83817d 1px 1px 2px;}
.btqaven p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.btqaven {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#ece8e2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ia2Rq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #83817d; padding:320px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#83817d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.btqaven b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; }
.btqaven b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; }
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread